Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default New Shop!

Okay, I know my new shop is probably modest compared to some of the
incredible shops my more experienced list mates boast, but I'm loving it.

We've just moved from the heart of the city (busy street - constant stream
of bass-blasting cars) to a rural area. Across the dusty road from us are
10 long-horned (and long-haired) cattle and a handful of horses. We hear
frogs and crickets at night, and songbirds all day. Our garden is as large
as our old yard, and it's already producing rhubarb and asparagus. Soon
we'll have tomatoes and raspberries and my hot peppers should start
producing in late summer.

The old shop was carved out of one undersized bay in the detached two-car
garage, and there was barely room to build a jewelry box, let alone
something of size. The new shop is the third bay (very oversized) in a
three car garage, and has a separate room for lumber and assorted crap.
I've got something like 100 square feet of peg board that's already damn
near full. More room than I know what to do with (okay, I already wish it
was bigger, but still, I'm building 8'x5' bookcases and can actually walk
around them when they lay flat.) Best of all, I can open the bay door and
have all the room I want, along with light and air.

So, not so much a gloat, just figured my wife was tired of hearing how much
I loved the shop, so I'd throw it out to those who'd actually appreciate it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Victor De Long wrote:

So, not so much a gloat, just figured my wife was tired of hearing how much
I loved the shop, so I'd throw it out to those who'd actually appreciate it.

You still suck ... great story, thanks for the smile!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Victor De Long" wrote in message
So, not so much a gloat, just figured my wife was tired of hearing how

much
I loved the shop, so I'd throw it out to those who'd actually appreciate

it.

Pictures, we need pictures. Doesn't matter how big or little your shop is,
if you want anybody to share in your joy with your new shop, you need to
post some pictures.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Congrats on your new shop. Trust me, no matter how big our shops are
we all wish they were bigger. Have fun.

G.S.

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:46:51 -0700, "Victor De Long"
wrote:

More room than I know what to do with (okay, I already wish it
was bigger, but still, I'm building 8'x5' bookcases and can actually walk
around them when they lay flat.) Best of all, I can open the bay door and
have all the room I want, along with light and air.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

[...]

Well I am envious of your location, where ever it is. I hope to have a
similar setup one day however the 3 car garage might hold 1 car. ;~) It
would be ALL shop and everything would be mobile so that the 1 bay could be
emptied for that 1 car at night. Trucks sleep outside.