Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default OT Humour - Why people move to Florida 1

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Both of these are funny, but more because the main characters look so
unprepared for winter. They come across as being southerners who moved
north. I mean - who would clean off a car with a brief case. Everyone knows
that a credit card is the right tool for chipping ice off your windshield.

Personally, I would always pick a bit of cold & snow over hurricanes and
alligators and sink holes - to say nothing of the menace of the 80+ year old
drivers in Florida.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob Haar" wrote in message
Personally, I would always pick a bit of cold & snow over hurricanes and
alligators and sink holes - to say nothing of the menace of the 80+ year

old
drivers in Florida.

The 80+ year old drivers are up here. These "snow birds" as they're called
just happen to relocate to Florida in the winter.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 1/28/09 11:21 AM, "Upscale" wrote:

"Bob Haar" wrote in message
Personally, I would always pick a bit of cold & snow over hurricanes and
alligators and sink holes - to say nothing of the menace of the 80+ year

old
drivers in Florida.

The 80+ year old drivers are up here. These "snow birds" as they're called
just happen to relocate to Florida in the winter.

Yes, we do see some returning snow birds, but not nearly as many as along
the west coast of Florida. I rarely see someone driving for miles with their
turn signal going.

Where is "up here" ? I am in Rochester Hills, Michigan.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob Haar" wrote in message news:
Where is "up here" ? I am in Rochester Hills, Michigan.

Canada.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 1/28/09 4:30 PM, "Upscale" wrote:

"Bob Haar" wrote in message news:
Where is "up here" ? I am in Rochester Hills, Michigan.

Canada.

We go south to go to Canada (at least to Ontario). From my office I look
south across the river to Windsor.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob Haar" wrote in message
On 1/28/09 4:30 PM, "Upscale" wrote:

"Bob Haar" wrote in message news:
Where is "up here" ? I am in Rochester Hills, Michigan.

Canada.

We go south to go to Canada (at least to Ontario). From my office I look
south across the river to Windsor.

Hell, I go south to get into the YT (Yukon Territory) for those
non-canadians....We have some snowbirds up here also. The majority fly out
in the fall (on airplanes) and maintain an rv or residence somewhere in the
"smaller states".

Good on you.

DaveD
North Pole AK (yes it is real. ZIP 99705)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob Haar" wrote in message
Personally, I would always pick a bit of cold & snow over hurricanes and
alligators and sink holes - to say nothing of the menace of the 80+ year

old
drivers in Florida.

The 80+ year old drivers are up here. These "snow birds" as they're
called
just happen to relocate to Florida in the winter.

Yes, we do see some returning snow birds, but not nearly as many as along
the west coast of Florida. I rarely see someone driving for miles with
their
turn signal going.

Where is "up here" ? I am in Rochester Hills, Michigan.

Sorry to hear that, Bob. I left Michigan, (Fowlerville) in '58 haven't
looked back. Went straight to TX. Yep GTT

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob Haar" wrote in message
Personally, I would always pick a bit of cold & snow over hurricanes and
alligators and sink holes - to say nothing of the menace of the 80+ year
old
drivers in Florida.

The 80+ year old drivers are up here. These "snow birds" as they're
called
just happen to relocate to Florida in the winter.

Yes, we do see some returning snow birds, but not nearly as many as along
the west coast of Florida. I rarely see someone driving for miles with
their
turn signal going.

Where is "up here" ? I am in Rochester Hills, Michigan.

Sorry to hear that, Bob. I left Michigan, (Fowlerville) in '58 haven't
looked back. Went straight to TX. Yep GTT

I left the Midwest but then moved back because I missed real winters. But I
have a brother in Arizona and a sister in Texas - nice places to visit, but
not in summer.