Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Three Pairs Puzzle - File 1 of 5 - IMG_1603.JPG (0/1)

I read an intriguing book called "Geometric Puzzle Design" by Stewart T.
Coffin last fall. Mr. Coffin needs no introduction to wooden puzzle
fans - he is to puzzle design what M. C. Escher is to graphic arts.

The book is long on design considerations, and intentionally sketchy on
specifics. One tantalizing page shows a puzzle called the Three Pairs
Puzzle. A couple of line drawings and a cryptic description are all I
had to go on. There were no hints at all on how to assemble it!

This is, by far, the most fiendish assembly puzzle I've ever
encountered. The parts are simple enough - twelve identical pieces
glued up into three mirror-image pairs. Looks simple enough!

The puzzle is mahogany, about 3" on a side.

Scott

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Elrond Hubbard" wrote in message
.47...
I read an intriguing book called "Geometric Puzzle Design" by Stewart T.
Coffin last fall. Mr. Coffin needs no introduction to wooden puzzle
fans - he is to puzzle design what M. C. Escher is to graphic arts.

The book is long on design considerations, and intentionally sketchy on
specifics. One tantalizing page shows a puzzle called the Three Pairs
Puzzle. A couple of line drawings and a cryptic description are all I
had to go on. There were no hints at all on how to assemble it!

This is, by far, the most fiendish assembly puzzle I've ever
encountered. The parts are simple enough - twelve identical pieces
glued up into three mirror-image pairs. Looks simple enough!

The puzzle is mahogany, about 3" on a side.

Scott

Neat stuff. Makes your brain hurt just looking at the pieces.

Toy Truck / Puzzle (0/1) ray Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 May 11th 07 02:04 AM
When using DAC/ADC pairs, which way is more resistant to noise and nonlinearities? Frank Electronics 1 December 12th 05 07:36 AM
PUZZLE CHAIRS J T Woodworking 0 August 5th 05 05:24 AM
OT - Map Puzzle Cliff Metalworking 3 March 25th 05 08:16 AM
Puzzle Robatoy Woodworking 4 January 13th 05 02:20 PM