Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default FWW inspired Box-O-thon

The most recent Fine Woodworking cover article got me inspired and I have
been on a box-making expedition.

That, and the fact that it's tacky to show up to my monthly poker game with
a zip-lock baggie full of change.

The poker box (center) is spalted maple and cherry. The two boxes shown with
it are red oak and spalted-lord-knows-what from my back yard. I was inspired
my the rough-cut wood with really course pinned box joints from the article.
I took the idea of symmetric box joints and made a cluster rather than one
big pin. Unlike in the article, I carved my pins round-headed. BTW, I
really like the worm holes.

The light-box is something my wife requested to support her quilting habbit
http://carole-quiltingadventures.blogspot.com/. Although it's tough to see
in the photo, I mitered the top an bottom pins in the box joint to make the
glass and bottom rabbet/gooves through cuts.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Attached Thumbnails
FWW inspired Box-O-thon-6-jpg  FWW inspired Box-O-thon-7-jpg  FWW inspired Box-O-thon-13-jpg  FWW inspired Box-O-thon-16-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Sorry you put so much time into the nice boxes, but used wormy wood.

If you weren't so cheap, maybe they would look better........

Just teasing! Beautiful job.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice work. The spalting is a real eye popper.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice, like the splated whatever.

--
Mike