Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
asmurff asmurff is offline

Default FWW inspired Box-O-thon

Very nice, like the splated whatever.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
IYAAYAS
"C & S" wrote in message
.. .
The most recent Fine Woodworking cover article got me inspired and I have
been on a box-making expedition.

That, and the fact that it's tacky to show up to my monthly poker game
with
a zip-lock baggie full of change.

The poker box (center) is spalted maple and cherry. The two boxes shown
with
it are red oak and spalted-lord-knows-what from my back yard. I was
inspired
my the rough-cut wood with really course pinned box joints from the
article.
I took the idea of symmetric box joints and made a cluster rather than one
big pin. Unlike in the article, I carved my pins round-headed. BTW, I
really like the worm holes.

The light-box is something my wife requested to support her quilting
habbit
http://carole-quiltingadventures.blogspot.com/. Although it's tough to see
in the photo, I mitered the top an bottom pins in the box joint to make
the
glass and bottom rabbet/gooves through cuts.

Thanks for looking,

Steve