Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Asian inspired box (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Asian inspired box (1/1)-_mg_3955rweb-jpg  Asian inspired box (1/1)-_mg_3961rweb-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

That's nice work papaboop. A good use of a great board!

Joe C.

"papaboop" wrote in message

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"papaboop" wrote in message

Wow, great piece of wood. The drawers look fantastic with the grain all
from the single piece. Oh, the workmanship is great too.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:31:15 -0700, papaboop

That's really cool! I like it!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice work. I especially like the drawer size and spacing. Very elegant.

K.

"papaboop" wrote in message

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Could someone repost please? My server doesn't have the OP.

TIA,
-Zz

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 16:10:17 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

That's nice work papaboop. A good use of a great board!

Joe C.

"papaboop" wrote in message
.. .

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

A beautiful piece of work. A question: How were you able to tell that
that particular board would look so good when you picked it out? Was it
already planed when you bought it?

When I've gone to lumber houses to pick out my wood, the boards are
rough and I have no idea what they're going to look like. Only after a
little hand planing or jointing can I tell what the wood is going to
look like.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 01:21:36 GMT, Billy Smith
wrote:

A beautiful piece of work. A question: How were you able to tell that
that particular board would look so good when you picked it out? Was it
already planed when you bought it?

When I've gone to lumber houses to pick out my wood, the boards are
rough and I have no idea what they're going to look like. Only after a
little hand planing or jointing can I tell what the wood is going to
look like.

Thanx.

I've been buying my figured wood online. I got this board from
Northwest Timber. It was planed and they apply mineral spirits to the
wood prior to taking a picture. Shows what the piece will look like
finished. Not a cheap way to go, but you usually know what you're
getting.

MP

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:07:57 -0400, "Kevin B"
wrote:

Very nice work. I especially like the drawer size and spacing. Very elegant.

K.

Thanks to you all for your kind words!

MP

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

An inspired design. Very slick modern yet showing off the material
perfectly.
Well done .
Pete

"papaboop" wrote in message

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

looks beautiful. great job!
"papaboop" wrote in message

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nicely done! I like the single board for drawers.

"papaboop" wrote in message

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nicely done! I like the effect of the grain going across door fronts.

"papaboop" wrote in message

News==----
Newsgroups
=----