Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default How to secure air cleaner to ceiling? (w/pic)

Hello everyone,

I am still in the process of setting up my new shop at the new house.
Yesterday I hung the new air cleaner. I used chain that has an overkill
factor of about 16x, 100lbs hanging from four chains rated for 400+ lbs. I
have the hook eyes screwed into the joists/trusses in the ceiling.

My concern is for the little "turnbuckles" I used. I am not sure if I used
the correct ones. They look like little horse shoes with a rod that passes
through a hole in one end and screws into a threaded hole on the other side.
I am worried that if anything comes loose I will have a 100 box of steel
come crashing down.

I was thinking adding aircraft cable with crimped ends to act as a backup
should one of the little chain to eye bolt connectors fail.

How do most people hang their air cleaners?

Thanks for looking,

David.

Every Neighbourhood has one, in Mine I'm Him

Attached Thumbnails
How to secure air cleaner to ceiling? (w/pic)-newaircleaner-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:52:46 -0800, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:

[...]

I have the Jet, which is probably the same weight?
I just used plastic anchors in the ceiling and put eyebolts in them instead of
screws, then used S-hooks between the eyes on the cleaner and the ones on the
ceiling.. been fine for about a year now.. (Foam ceiling with cement beams)

I need to re-do them, though... I wasn't thinking of where the exhaust was
pointing...
It's pointed towards the work bench and all the noise goes that way... I'll turn
it around some day so that it's pointing toward the end of the shop where no one
sits and talks..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing