Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default 3/4 oak fret train

This was one of the first projects I made when I first started woodworking.I
originally tried to make it in pine but at about half way it just fell apart
,thus 3/4 oak and still strong.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg train 003a.jpg (171.7 KB, 38 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

G wrote:
This was one of the first projects I made when I first started woodworking.I
originally tried to make it in pine but at about half way it just fell apart
,thus 3/4 oak and still strong.

WoW.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

WOW...
what did you use to sut it out with?
How long did it take?

Pretty spiffy!

Kate

"G" wrote in message
This was one of the first projects I made when I first started woodworking.I
originally tried to make it in pine but at about half way it just fell apart
,thus 3/4 oak and still strong.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hi ,I used a 16 inch delta scrollsaw ,drilled each hole (about 600),put the
blade up through ,cut and then go on to the next cut.It took me a few weeks
on and off .I started at the top and worked my way down and I can notice the
cutting gets better and more accurate when I finally reached the front
wheels.

. ..

"G" wrote in message
This was one of the first projects I made when I first started
woodworking.I
originally tried to make it in pine but at about half way it just fell
apart
,thus 3/4 oak and still strong.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

You're a patient-er man than I am, Gunga Din.

B.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very cool, how long have you been scrollsawing? I just bought mine for a
project for my wife.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"G" wrote in message
This was one of the first projects I made when I first started
woodworking.I originally tried to make it in pine but at about half way it
just fell apart ,thus 3/4 oak and still strong.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I wewnt back and looked again, I can see what you mean. You can definitely
see the experience growing as you went.
I would have enver noticed had you not pointed it out though

Kate

"G" wrote in message
Hi ,I used a 16 inch delta scrollsaw ,drilled each hole (about 600),put the
blade up through ,cut and then go on to the next cut.It took me a few weeks
on and off .I started at the top and worked my way down and I can notice the
cutting gets better and more accurate when I finally reached the front
wheels.

. ..

TOY TRAIN J T Woodworking 0 January 16th 06 05:48 PM
Do you live near a train track? Robert Payne Home Ownership 32 September 27th 05 03:42 AM
OT - Train Ride Cliff Metalworking 7 August 26th 05 11:37 PM
Chippendale fret pattern Frank Boettcher Woodworking 1 July 19th 05 11:28 PM