DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   3/4 oak fret train (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/219072-3-4-oak-fret-train.html)

G[_2_] October 28th 07 02:52 AM

3/4 oak fret train

1 Attachment(s)
This was one of the first projects I made when I first started woodworking.I
originally tried to make it in pine but at about half way it just fell apart
,thus 3/4 oak and still strong.

Ralph October 28th 07 04:33 AM

3/4 oak fret train

G wrote:
This was one of the first projects I made when I first started woodworking.I
originally tried to make it in pine but at about half way it just fell apart
,thus 3/4 oak and still strong.

WoW.

Kate October 28th 07 06:36 PM

3/4 oak fret train

WOW...
what did you use to sut it out with?
How long did it take?

Pretty spiffy!

Kate

G[_2_] October 28th 07 06:50 PM

3/4 oak fret train

Hi ,I used a 16 inch delta scrollsaw ,drilled each hole (about 600),put the
blade up through ,cut and then go on to the next cut.It took me a few weeks
on and off .I started at the top and worked my way down and I can notice the
cutting gets better and more accurate when I finally reached the front
wheels.

. ..

Buddy Matlosz October 29th 07 12:30 AM

3/4 oak fret train

You're a patient-er man than I am, Gunga Din.

B.

asmurff October 30th 07 01:38 PM

3/4 oak fret train

Very cool, how long have you been scrollsawing? I just bought mine for a
project for my wife.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.

Kate October 30th 07 07:36 PM

3/4 oak fret train

I wewnt back and looked again, I can see what you mean. You can definitely
see the experience growing as you went.
I would have enver noticed had you not pointed it out though :)

Kate

"G" wrote in message
Hi ,I used a 16 inch delta scrollsaw ,drilled each hole (about 600),put the
blade up through ,cut and then go on to the next cut.It took me a few weeks
on and off .I started at the top and worked my way down and I can notice the
cutting gets better and more accurate when I finally reached the front
wheels.

. ..