Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Teknatool's Nova Chuck Jaw Sets OD & ID ranges chart

It nevers seems to fail. If I turn a spigot on the bottom of a piece,
intending to chuck it up I seem to always be a little bit oversized
or undersized for the jaw sets I have. I don't recall if The Wood-
turners Catalog listed the minimum and maximum inside and outside
gripping sizes before - but the 2007/2008 Fall/Winter Issue had
them - on two pages - with pictures. Rather than do a Cut & Paste
I did this chart of the info. Fits on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
Laminated, it's handy to keep near the lathe.

Maybe it'll be useful to other turners.

charlie b

Attached Images
File Type: gif NovaJawsID_ODcapacities.gif (47.4 KB, 39 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

charlieb wrote:
It nevers seems to fail. If I turn a spigot on the bottom of a piece,
intending to chuck it up I seem to always be a little bit oversized
or undersized for the jaw sets I have. I don't recall if The Wood-
turners Catalog listed the minimum and maximum inside and outside
gripping sizes before - but the 2007/2008 Fall/Winter Issue had
them - on two pages - with pictures. Rather than do a Cut & Paste
I did this chart of the info. Fits on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
Laminated, it's handy to keep near the lathe.

Maybe it'll be useful to other turners.

charlie b

Thanks. Good to have all the information in one place. When I used to
use spigots, I had a pattern cut out of a piece of masonite with a
cutout of maximum & minimum size. It hung over the lathe.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

There's nothing wrong with Southern
California that a rise in the ocean
level wouldn't cure.

Teknatool's Nova Chuck Jaw Sets OD & ID ranges chart in a.b.p.w. charlieb Woodturning 5 October 24th 07 11:06 AM
Vibration with Nova chuck? [email protected] Woodturning 9 November 19th 05 12:19 AM
Nova chuck thread? Arch Woodturning 7 April 15th 05 06:34 AM
Nova Compac Chuck Bill Harmon Woodturning 6 February 7th 04 05:37 PM
Nova 5" Chuck Dave Woodturning 4 December 2nd 03 11:55 AM