Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Bad Idea

Attached Thumbnails
Bad Idea-lumber-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bill B" wrote in message
. ..

Yeah, he should have covered the ends so they don't dry out from the wind.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

That tail has no rudder! What do they expect take off speed will be?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Damn good pilot, that could land on that emergency shoulder!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/8/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Too bad it's a fake. There is no sunroof on the car and the wood is
'hovering' going through the rear windows. Pretty good work with Photoshop.

"Bill B" wrote in message
. ..

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I hate to point out something. If you zoom in and look through the
glass of the right rear window, you will see the wood through the
glass with the distortion. I don't think I've ever seen someone able
to render distortion that well with a graphics program.

It's a real image. IMO

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 02:47:03 GMT, "Dave"
wrote:

Too bad it's a fake. There is no sunroof on the car and the wood is
'hovering' going through the rear windows. Pretty good work with Photoshop.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

It's a real image. The wood is not inserted into the car, it is resting on
the hood and leaned back over the passenger compartment. You can see the
distortion through the rear window. You can also see objects on the rear
deck between the camera and the wood. The left rear window is not rolled
all the way down, adding to the illusion that the wood is 'hovering'. The
wood is inserted through the left rear window and exits the right front
window. Photoshop can do a lot of things, so many people automatically
assume that anything out of the ordinary is 'faked.' Unfortunately, this is
a real shot. However, I have seen worse coming out of the parking lot of
the local borg.

wrote:

Too bad it's a fake. There is no sunroof on the car and the wood is
'hovering' going through the rear windows. Pretty good work with
Photoshop.

"Bill B" wrote in message
m...

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I think it's funny as hell.
Could it be that the boards are strapped to the hood, making them 'hover'
without a sunroof?

Sure am glad we have a pickup truck!

Kate

wrote:

Too bad it's a fake. There is no sunroof on the car and the wood is
'hovering' going through the rear windows. Pretty good work with
Photoshop.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bill B" wrote in message
. ..

That sure could wipe out a "Hells Angel"on his motorcycle.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On a slightly different note, I remember coming out of the local borg
one day to see some of the staff assiting the loading of lumber into a
truck. Only to hear "Careful don't scratch it, I have it out on a test
drive."

This caused a second closer look at the truck and sure enough, mag
mounted to the tailgate was a dealer tag. This guy had gone to a
dealership and asked for a test drive so he could haul lumber home for
free!

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:27:25 -0500, "Donald C. Brown"
wrote:

It's a real image. The wood is not inserted into the car, it is resting on
the hood and leaned back over the passenger compartment. You can see the
distortion through the rear window. You can also see objects on the rear
deck between the camera and the wood. The left rear window is not rolled
all the way down, adding to the illusion that the wood is 'hovering'. The
wood is inserted through the left rear window and exits the right front
window. Photoshop can do a lot of things, so many people automatically
assume that anything out of the ordinary is 'faked.' Unfortunately, this is
a real shot. However, I have seen worse coming out of the parking lot of
the local borg.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kate" wrote
Something about that... just ain't right.
Funny in a way... but just not right.

I know folks like that. ... a sad commentary on the culture, IMO.

It all depends upon how you were raised, I suppose.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Years ago I know a woman ( very wealthy ) who ordered a mink coat from
Niemen Marcus, wore it to a party that night and returned it the next day -
said she didn't care for it. And she COULD afford it too!

Always amazes me when I think about that and other things like it.

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Kate" wrote
Something about that... just ain't right.
Funny in a way... but just not right.

I know folks like that. ... a sad commentary on the culture, IMO.

It all depends upon how you were raised, I suppose.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Kate" wrote
Something about that... just ain't right.
Funny in a way... but just not right.

I know folks like that. ... a sad commentary on the culture, IMO.

It all depends upon how you were raised, I suppose.

---

Well, I was raised that I'd get smacked for even considering soemthing like
that. That may be why I would have never thought of it.
Kate

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 00:47:38 GMT, NoOne N Particular
wrote:

My wife worked in a department store for a few years. MANY times women
would buy formal dresses and return them in just a couple of days
complete with antiperspirant stains in the pits. Stupid store always
took them back with FULL refund.

How long ago?
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kate" wrote in message

I think that these days the stores are a lot wiser and less tolerant of

that
sort of thing.

As long as we're on the subject ... "Take what you want, but eat what you
take" in Chinese Buffet's should be something that you shouldn't have to
explain to anyone over four years of age, but apparently not in America
these days.

.... there is enough food wasted in this country every day to feed entire
nations.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/8/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 06:24:42 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

... "Take what you want, but eat what you
take" ...

That's what my DI in USMC boot camp told us on our first trip to the
mess hall. Then he stood by the waste can at the exit to enforce the
idea. Recall taking a large helping of sweet potatoes once that turned
out to be squash. Never did like squash very much. Liked 'em a LOT
less after that. But, I learned to be more careful about what I took
and in what quantity.

And I do agree, the amount of food wasted is a disgrace. Even 47 years
later, I still have that DI figuratively looking over my shoulder
making it difficult for me to leave food on the plate.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA

Any idea on what is this? nautilus Woodworking 9 April 6th 07 04:15 AM
Brilliant Idea or Dumb Idea charlie b Woodturning 10 September 24th 06 03:18 PM
Please help me with my idea. robocarp Home Repair 9 March 16th 06 04:24 AM
A win-win idea Alwen Woodworking 3 December 6th 05 11:24 PM
Idea #123, 342 carl mciver Metalworking 3 January 24th 05 05:53 PM