Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Any idea on what is this?

Hi all!!

There is an extrange "maybe woodworking" tool on a local auction site,
here in Argentina. It looks like some kind "manual stationary
planner".. but I don't really have any idea of what's that, and how to
use it. Maybe it's not woodworking related at all. Could you help me
with any information about this? Here it's the link, I know it's in
spanish, but would you look at the pictures only?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/...evastadora-_JM

Just wanted to have an idea of what is it, and if it's useful at all.

Thanks in advance to all!
Nautilus

Posted to rec.woodworking
JB JB is offline

"nautilus" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all!!

There is an extrange "maybe woodworking" tool on a local auction site,
here in Argentina. It looks like some kind "manual stationary
planner".. but I don't really have any idea of what's that, and how to
use it. Maybe it's not woodworking related at all. Could you help me
with any information about this? Here it's the link, I know it's in
spanish, but would you look at the pictures only?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/...evastadora-_JM

Just wanted to have an idea of what is it, and if it's useful at all.

Thanks in advance to all!
Nautilus

AntiVir tells me that the site is trying to load a Trojan horse:
TR/Spy.Banker.vk.1
Side effects:
. Records keystrokes
. Registry modification
. Steals information

Posted to rec.woodworking

nautilus wrote:
| Hi all!!
|
| There is an extrange "maybe woodworking" tool on a local auction
| site, here in Argentina. It looks like some kind "manual stationary
| planner".. but I don't really have any idea of what's that, and how
| to use it. Maybe it's not woodworking related at all. Could you
| help me with any information about this? Here it's the link, I know
| it's in spanish, but would you look at the pictures only?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/...antigua-herram
ienta-devastadora-_JM

| Just wanted to have an idea of what is it, and if it's useful at
| all.

If it's a woodworking tool, then it looks like some kind of bending
jig.

I wonder if it might not be a leatherworking 'vise' - for holding a
piece of leather firmly while it's being tooled?

Just my wild guesses...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 5, 7:46 am, "nautilus" wrote:
Hi all!!

There is an extrange "maybe woodworking" tool on a local auction site,
here in Argentina. It looks like some kind "manual stationary
planner".. but I don't really have any idea of what's that, and how to
use it. Maybe it's not woodworking related at all. Could you help me
with any information about this? Here it's the link, I know it's in
spanish, but would you look at the pictures only?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/...-antigua-herra...

Just wanted to have an idea of what is it, and if it's useful at all.

Thanks in advance to all!
Nautilus

I have three guesses:
One, a pasta maker
Two, a tool to fix broken alarm clocks
Three, as Alec Guiness would say, " I haven't the foggiest"
Joe G

Posted to rec.woodworking

"nautilus" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi all!!

There is an extrange "maybe woodworking" tool on a local auction site,
here in Argentina. It looks like some kind "manual stationary
planner".. but I don't really have any idea of what's that, and how to
use it. Maybe it's not woodworking related at all. Could you help me
with any information about this? Here it's the link, I know it's in
spanish, but would you look at the pictures only?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/...evastadora-_JM

Just wanted to have an idea of what is it, and if it's useful at all.

Thanks in advance to all!
Nautilus

I had my daughter, who speaks Spanish, attempted to translate the page.
Her guess is the person listing the item thinks it's a wood planer but
my guess is that it is a tool used to thickness leather for making belts
(harness making and drive belts). See:

http://www.antiqbuyer.com/leather.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

The Babelfish translation:

http://babelfish.altavista.com

Description Guarantee: You will receive the article that is seen in the
photos. The commentaries received by all the users speak of my
seriousness in the operations. Always giving quality Thanks to visit my
articles Make his supply after to have read all the referring one to the
article, the conditions of indicated payment and shipment more down. If
it has some doubt it makes his consultation. Description of the
published article: VERY RARE, OLD And PARTICULAR TOOL Rare tool of bank
- It seemed to be devastating or a cepilladora one of wood This made
totally in iron and does not have any mark or seal It has element of
fixation for bank, an adjustable track support roller and a blade
Without a doubt a very particular piece for the lovers of the tools and
of the rustic antiguedades. 19 xs measure approx 9 xs 12 centimeters A
very particular piece to decorate... to collect... EXCELLENT STATE RARE
And OLD TOOL DEVASTADORARARA And OLD TOOL DEVASTADORARARA And OLD
DEVASTATING TOOL RARE And OLD RARE DEVASTATING TOOL And OLD DEVASTATING
TOOL Follow this auction close by... observes... compares... supplies...
IT DOES NOT LET SEE ALL MY ARTICULOS... MAKE CLIK AQUI SURELY IT FOUND
SOMETHING FOR YOU... And ONE DOES NOT LOSE The NEW PUBLISHED ARTICULOS
MONDAYS And TUESDAY * IF HAPPENED The 5 DAYS RUN, FROM The MOMENT OF The
PURCHASE, THERE IS No COMMUNICATION On the part of the BUYER Or The
OPERATION DOES NOT TAKE SHAPE, I RESERVE The RIGHT TO GIVE BY DESERT The
SAME One And TO DESCRIBE ACCORDING TO IT CORRESPONDS BEING I ARTICULATE
AVAILABLE. The best service post sale, rapidity in the shipments,
security, seriousness. My Reputation to the 02-04-2007, Puntaje 259,
with a 100% of positive qualifications (0 % refusals). I am member of
MercadoLibre from the 26-07-2004 and am registered in Bernal, GREAT
Buenos Aires. Beam click to know the commentaries here that I received
from other users. COSTS OF ENVIO OF THIS I ARTICULATE BY ARGENTINE MAIL:
PREVIOUS I DEPOSIT, TURN Or BANKING TRANSFERENCE (BANK NATION) CAPITAL
And PROVINCE OF Buenos Aires $ 10,00 REST OF PAIS $ 12,00 I DO NOT MAKE
ENVIOS BY CONTRAREEMBOLSO ENVIOS BY COMPANY OF TRANSPORT FROM THE
RETIREMENT TERMINAL: PREVIOUS I DEPOSIT, TURN Or BANKING TRANSFERENCE
(BANK NATION) AGREED PRICES VARIAN To the WEIGHT And the DESTINY - TO
CONSULT PREVIOUSLY BY SERVICE OF MENSAJERIA: FEDERAL CAPITAL $
12.00/15.00 (SEGUN ZONE - TO CONSULT) GREAT NORTH Buenos Aires And The
WEST $ 20.00/25.00 (SEGUN ZONE - TO CONSULT) GREAT SOUTH BUENOS AIRES $
15.00/20.00 (SEGUN ZONE - TO CONSULT) Or IT IT CAN RETIRE UD. SAME
WITHOUT COST BY ZONE BERNAL (Next to the station) GREAT Buenos Aires
SOUTH ZONE It can consult the prices of Argentine Mail here making click
www.correoargentino.com.ar International shipments to consult previously
Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message

- It seemed to be devastating or a cepilladora one of wood This made
totally in iron and does not have any mark or seal It has element of
fixation for bank, an adjustable track support roller and a blade

Just what I thought it was ... a torture device for those with overdrawn
bank accounts.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

B A R R Y wrote:
[...]

Substitute "bench" for "bank" as they are one end the same work in Spanish
Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi all!

Thanks so much for all the responses!! And thanks Nova for the great
link.

I think that the evidence point to the leather working tool, I'll find
more info with that baseline.

Sorry for the spanish post, and cheers to all!
Nautilus

On 5 abr, 18:14, shawn wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:

[...]

Substitute "bench" for "bank" as they are one end the same work in Spanish- Ocultar texto de la cita -

- Mostrar texto de la cita -

Brilliant Idea or Dumb Idea charlie b Woodturning 10 September 24th 06 03:18 PM
Please help me with my idea. robocarp Home Repair 9 March 16th 06 04:24 AM
New idea or old? Bob Ivey Woodturning 5 May 31st 05 08:50 PM
Well it seemed like a good idea... Razz Woodturning 18 January 29th 04 12:46 PM