Posted to alt.home.repair
robocarp

Default Please help me with my idea.

Hello everyone.

I am a new member to this group and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Morris Swinamer and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.
I have worked in both the Commercial and Residential construction
industry since 1971.
In addition to working for several large construction companies in
various postings, I have also designed and taught courses for the
carpentry trade through various venues.

Having said that, I feel confident when I make the following statement:
I get really ticked off and annoyed when I hear 'Horror Stories' about
how people get 'Needlessly' abused when they undertake home renovations
projects. Hopefully you share my sentiments.

The abuse crosses several boundries from the stand-point of:
1./ The Home Owner
2./ The Do It Yourselfer
3./ The Small Contractor

You are probably, by now, wondering where I am going with this?

Quite simply, I respectfully ask for your input in helping me to make a
decision.

Please stick with me for just a few more seconds.
You see, I have an idea and in my heart, I believe that there is a way
by which the above three parties can all come out as winners.

I am in the process of putting together an idea that will eliminate 90
to 95% of the problems that people run into during home fix-ups,
additions and renovations.

I know how precious your time is to you and you wouldn't be devoting
time to this forum if you didn't feel that you could make a difference.

Please help me to make a difference by going to the following page and
filling out my survey.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=729931867521

Please help me to decide whether or not my idea might be of benefit to
people by giving me your input to a few survey questions. I absolutely
promise that it won't take more than 2 to 3 minutes to complete and in
return for your advice, I will send you the results of my survey when I
have it completed.

Thank you for helping me to decide if I should to continue with this
idea or just toss it!

Respectfully yours,

Morris Swinamer
PS. Please pass my survey link on to your friends. Thank you Very Much!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=729931867521

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

"robocarp" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello everyone.

Ask my opinion but don't ask for my email address next time I may answer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"robocarp" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello everyone.

Ask my opinion but don't ask for my email address next time I may answer.

He actually asked for it twice! But you get 50'% off if he does market
something. I just have to wonder about a post like that.

Posted to alt.home.repair
robocarp

Thanks for considering. I really do appreciate any input very much.
Just thought any respondents might like to know the results.
No harm intended...I'm not that type. Life's too short to be looking
over my shoulder.

Morris

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Balderstone

In article .com,
robocarp wrote:

Thanks for considering. I really do appreciate any input very much.
Just thought any respondents might like to know the results.
No harm intended...I'm not that type. Life's too short to be looking
over my shoulder.

A self-selecting anonymous internet survey is not a good way to do
market research or develop a business plan... Any data you do gather
has no validity.

Posted to alt.home.repair
robocarp

Judged, tried and hung out to dry?
All I am looking for is some input, but I sure
am drawing a big goose egg here.

Fellas, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer
when it comes to all this web stuff, but maybe
this isn't the helpful place that I was led to believe it was.

Yes, I am a member of Adland.
No, I don't have any desire to spam anyone.

OK. I'm open to suggestions.

How should I go about getting public opinion
on the questions that I have?

I just went and edited my survey regarding leaving respondent's
email to only leave their address if they wanted
the survey results. Is that acceptable?

Please let me know.

Also, let me know if I am welcome or not in this forum.

Respectifully,

Morris Swinamer

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Balderstone

In article .com,
robocarp wrote:

Judged, tried and hung out to dry?

Yes. You ****ed up. The approach you bought into is fatally flawed when
the market you target actually has a clue.

Fellas, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer
when it comes to all this web stuff,

Bull****. You're following a "program"

but maybe this isn't the helpful place that I was led to believe it was.

Led by who? Maybe they lied to you?

How should I go about getting public opinion
on the questions that I have?

Don't try to scam people, but learn what real market research is and
how to effectively do it.

I just went and edited my survey regarding leaving respondent's
email to only leave their address if they wanted
the survey results. Is that acceptable?

No. You've discredited yourself and should move on.

Also, let me know if I am welcome or not in this forum.

Sure, if you want to behave withing accepted norms.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay

"buffalobill" wrote in message
oups.com...
ideas are all over the internet for free, why not toss your two cents
into your next message?

Bill:

Get with the program will ya! He wants to find out if he can make $$s with
it, not give it away for free! He's not posting for you, he's posting for
himself.

Jay

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"robocarp" wrote in message
apologize, but I will not be able to get back to those individuals. All
email addresses left at my survey have been deleted.

Thee goes my chances to win the new car for filling out the survey.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

robocarp wrote:

PS. Please pass my survey link on to your friends. Thank you Very Much!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=729931867521

Please send this email to everyone in your address book!!!

If it walks like a spammer, quacks like a spammer, etc. Using
spammer/marketing terminolgy is guaranteed to raise the hackles of most
people.

You are either naive or simply misguided. Maybe both. A newsgroup is
an open forum. If you have questions, ask them.