carl mciver

Default Idea #123, 342

I was drooling through the Eastwood catalog and noticed they sell a
pressure sandblaster. From looking at it, it seems that it would be very
easy to get two or three propane cylinders and make the conversion into one,
or convert a tall one. Theirs had the fill valve at the top, in a concave
top, which would be just the top cut off and flipped over.
Thoughts?

Grant Erwin

carl mciver wrote:
I was drooling through the Eastwood catalog and noticed they sell a
pressure sandblaster. From looking at it, it seems that it would be very
easy to get two or three propane cylinders and make the conversion into one,
or convert a tall one. Theirs had the fill valve at the top, in a concave
top, which would be just the top cut off and flipped over.
Thoughts?

Sure, if you're a real good tank welder. It isn't easy to weld up thin
metal so it's airtight. In fact, just start with a bigger tank. I've seen
this done before, plans on the web somewhere. I used to own a little
sandblaster and I got rid of it. Too dang messy. Only way it worked OK for
me was when I also had a gas-powered air compressor on a trailer and I'd
do the whole thing out in the middle of some field somewhere.

GWE
Bob Engelhardt

There have been a couple of designs posted here. Unfortunately the
bookmarks that I have for them are no longer valid:
http://www.geocities.com/picketfence...cts/sand1.html
http://www.tcis.net/~kwag98/Sblaster.htm

I don't know who the owner of the 1st was/is, the 2nd one was "Wild
Bill". How about it, 'Bill, do you have a new link to yours?

If you Google-group RCM for "pressure blaster", you'll find a few threads.

Bob
(from now on I'm going to save the web page, not just the link)
Wild Bill

The tcis server is a left-over remnant from an ISP purchase.. sometimes that
server is working, sometimes not. I think it has to do with which way the
wind is blowing.
It was available at about noon-thirty EST today.

I haven't gotten around to transferring it to a more reliable location yet.

WB