Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Arts And Crafts shelf

Last Thanksgiving, my mother mentioned that she wanted a Green and
Green-style shelf over the closet in her new townhome. It's kind of hard to
translate the Green and Green built-ins to wall hung shelving, but this is
what I came up with for her Christmas present last year. I'm posting it now
because I finally got up north to visit her this month and hung the shelf.
(She had managed to hang the middle bracket, but gave up on the ends.) She
told me she had 9' clg ht to work with, so I planned to stagger the shelves
as shown in the dry fit shots. The final shots show the installed shelf,
leaving about 12" to her 8' clg.

QSWO finished with shellac and Transtints Dark Mission Brown dye. The
splines and pegs are maple with Japan Colors Black dissolved in poly.
Finishing was done before assembly. Each shelf is 38" long x 7/8" thick x
6" wide (plus 1 1/2" gap at the back for 7 1/2" deep shelf).

-MJ

Attached Thumbnails
Arts And Crafts shelf-ancshelf1-jpg  Arts And Crafts shelf-ancshelf2-jpg  Arts And Crafts shelf-ancshelf3-jpg  Arts And Crafts shelf-ancshelf4-jpg  Arts And Crafts shelf-ancshelf5-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mark Johnson" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

You outdid yourself :-)

Great going. I appreciate Greene and Greene style.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks. Of course, now she wants similar work to finish out the room...

-MJ

"Kate" wrote in message
news
What a lucky mommy you have!

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mark Johnson wrote:
[...]

Very nice work and execution. I'm wondering about mixing ebony (in your
case, the ebony look) with oak: I can recall works of ebony with
mahogany, Port Orford cedar, or maple.

arts and crafts house mm Home Repair 6 July 20th 07 01:18 PM
New Canadian Web Portal for arts and crafts Woodturning 0 November 12th 05 08:26 PM
Arts and Crafts Mirror Eric Anderson Woodworking 11 December 12th 04 06:08 AM
Arts and Crafts Site CraftIT Woodturning 0 November 12th 04 03:24 PM