Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default Arts And Crafts shelf

"Mark Johnson" wrote in message
. ..
Last Thanksgiving, my mother mentioned that she wanted a Green and
Green-style shelf over the closet in her new townhome. It's kind of hard
to translate the Green and Green built-ins to wall hung shelving, but this
is what I came up with for her Christmas present last year. I'm posting
it now because I finally got up north to visit her this month and hung the
shelf. (She had managed to hang the middle bracket, but gave up on the
ends.) She told me she had 9' clg ht to work with, so I planned to
stagger the shelves as shown in the dry fit shots. The final shots show
the installed shelf, leaving about 12" to her 8' clg.

QSWO finished with shellac and Transtints Dark Mission Brown dye. The
splines and pegs are maple with Japan Colors Black dissolved in poly.
Finishing was done before assembly. Each shelf is 38" long x 7/8" thick x
6" wide (plus 1 1/2" gap at the back for 7 1/2" deep shelf).

-MJ

You outdid yourself :-)

Great going. I appreciate Greene and Greene style.