Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Not much activity in this group lately.... - stools done.jpg (0/1)

So here is a photo of recently completed kitchen island stools. All
cherry with one contrasting maple strip. This is the 2nd pair I've
made. The first pair were rather amateurish and an early project in my
woodworking experience. Even if I do say so myself, these look great
in the kitchen and the wow factor is way up there.

So I need inspiration from you guys, c'mon, lets get some pics posted,
OK??

ROY!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

ROY! wrote:
So here is a photo of recently completed kitchen island stools. All
cherry with one contrasting maple strip. This is the 2nd pair I've
made. The first pair were rather amateurish and an early project in my
woodworking experience. Even if I do say so myself, these look great
in the kitchen and the wow factor is way up there.

So I need inspiration from you guys, c'mon, lets get some pics posted,
OK??

ROY!

Those are fantastic Roy!

If you're looking for inspiration and a good place to post projects, are
you familiar with Lumberjocks?

http://lumberjocks.com/

Check it out. I'm constantly challenged by the stuff people post in
there. It's free to join be able to post your own stuff, and a great way
to get feedback on your work.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

ROY! wrote:
So here is a photo of recently completed kitchen island stools. All
cherry with one contrasting maple strip. This is the 2nd pair I've
made. The first pair were rather amateurish and an early project in my
woodworking experience. Even if I do say so myself, these look great
in the kitchen and the wow factor is way up there.

Great looking chairs! I've been wanting to do something like that
myself but haven't gotten around to it yet.

So I need inspiration from you guys, c'mon, lets get some pics posted,
OK??

ROY!

Yeah, I for one haven't posted anything here in ages. Here's a rather
mediocre picture of a rocking chair I finished up a couple of months
ago. It's constructed from spalted Texas Pecan, with a nice mix of both
heartwood and sapwood. Beautiful stuff, but not the most stable wood
I've ever worked with...

Attached Thumbnails
Not much activity in this group lately.... - stools done.jpg (0/1)-pecanrocker-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Pecan rocker - smaller size

Steve Turner wrote:
ROY! wrote:
[...]

Sorry about the size on that last post; here's a smaller one for you
guys on dial-up...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Attached Thumbnails
Not much activity in this group lately.... - stools done.jpg (0/1)-pecanrocker2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Steve Turner wrote in
:

snip

Yeah, I for one haven't posted anything here in ages. Here's a
rather mediocre picture of a rocking chair I finished up a couple of
months ago. It's constructed from spalted Texas Pecan, with a nice
mix of both heartwood and sapwood. Beautiful stuff, but not the most
stable wood I've ever worked with...

Sorry about the size on that last post; here's a smaller one for you
guys on dial-up...

Very nicely done, Steve! Nice use of the spalt and color.

Do you expect the color to remain stable? I've never used Pecan before,
and don't know how it ages.

Patriarch,
Californian

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Patriarch wrote:
Very nicely done, Steve! Nice use of the spalt and color.

Thanks! I only had so much wood to work with, and most of the spalting
was in the sapwood. I toyed with the idea of trying to cut all the
parts entirely from heartwood so as not to have a mix, but I just didn't
have enough wood so I decided to just let the sapwood go wherever it
wanted to.

Do you expect the color to remain stable? I've never used Pecan before,
and don't know how it ages.

Nor have I, and no I don't know what it's going to do. It certainly has
a beautiful caramel color already and I would be quite happy if this is
all the darker it got. I made a cherry rocker for my brother a few
years ago and it's amazing how much darker it's gotten in that short
time. I also recently finished another rocking chair that was made from
lumber milled from a Honey Locust tree harvested from my buddy's
property in Missouri (the chair is now sitting in his living room) and
I'm curious to see how that ages as well.

To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
ne ne is offline

ROY! wrote in news:ncmjb31hfrt4qrrfkk99m6rjjgue5u1gsl@
4ax.com:

So here is a photo of recently completed kitchen island stools. All
cherry with one contrasting maple strip. This is the 2nd pair I've
made. The first pair were rather amateurish and an early project in my
woodworking experience. Even if I do say so myself, these look great
in the kitchen and the wow factor is way up there.

So I need inspiration from you guys, c'mon, lets get some pics posted,
OK??

ROY!

It's SUMMER!

Who wants to stayindoors working in sawdust?

We are all outside looking at the scamily-clad women around us and
enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.

When it's raining - THEN I will stay inside and cut and pound.....

Milt
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 15 Aug 2007 17:31:16 GMT, ne wrote:

It's SUMMER!

Who wants to stayindoors working in sawdust?

We are all outside looking at the scamily-clad women around us and
enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.

When it's raining - THEN I will stay inside and cut and pound.....

Milt

Well, depends on where ya are, I'd think...

Here in Baja, folks only go out during the day if they have to during July and
August.. I prefer my shop with AC, myself..

As to scantily clad ladies, you also have to take the average age down here into
account... like about mid-70's.. lol

We don't have rain, but the winter months are when folks go to the beach and
such.. If you can find a spot in between all the snow birds..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing