Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Waxilit helped here.

Ok, per Charlieb's hint/suggestion I again bought it too. Cheaper than the
Domino.

I ordered a 7 oz can of Waxilit and noticed on the internet that I could
also get 1.6 gallons for about $38. I am glad that I went with the smaller
7 oz container. This stuff does indeed goes a very long way.

Attached is a rather lousy macro picture taken with out a flash and reworked
on the computer so that it would not appear as a black screen.

Please focus more on the joint between the 2 pieces of Rustic White Oak. I
am building a Shaker stile 3 step, step stool and wanted it to have that
"not brand new" look. I wanted to accentuate the joint lines between the 3
levels. If you look closely you might see the joint lines that I did not
want to appear noticeable. Down the center however you will see the joint
line that I wanted to appear. I used a 3/32 radius round over bit on the
edges. I naturally used my new Domino to help align the joint and in doing
so found that pretty much every where there is a loose tennon a bigger glob
of flue will squeeze out. Anyway I though this would be a good test for the
Waxilit. Before gluing I dipped the tip of my finger into the Waxilit and
rubbed some of the product all along the perimeter of the corners. After
gluing and clamping the whole joint pretty much filled with squeeze out glue
and a bit heavier where the tennons are situated.
After letting the glue dry for 2 hours I took a scratch awl and ran it down
the tapering crack at the joint line and all the glue came right out
although some of it was still a bit soft. It came out easily and completely
as shown in the picture. I used a paper towel and acetone to remove the
remainder of the Waxilit.
Can you imagine removing squeeze out all along that crack with out
beforehand preparation?

Thanks again Charlieb

Attached Thumbnails
Waxilit helped here.-wazilit-medium-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Hm...

I've been doing this for years with Johnson's paste wax. I dry fit m/t
joints, rub on paste wax around the joints, and glue. After the glue
dries, it comes right off. As with the other, get the wax off before
finishing.

Bill

Leon wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bill Rubenstein" wrote in message
t...
Hm...

I've been doing this for years with Johnson's paste wax. I dry fit m/t
joints, rub on paste wax around the joints, and glue. After the glue
dries, it comes right off. As with the other, get the wax off before
finishing.

Bill

IIRC Johnson's paste wax does not dry to a white opaque state. The Waxilit
is easy to see after it dries.

This really helped me melbbr4 Home Repair 1 July 9th 07 04:41 AM
Waxilit again... Jimmy Woodworking 1 June 19th 07 09:42 AM
Thanks Charlieb for the Waxilit tip Leon Woodworking 4 June 12th 07 04:30 AM
lights dim when boiler cycles - can this be helped? [email protected] Home Repair 17 September 29th 05 11:33 AM