Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bob Bob is offline

Default spotted this bandsaw in the parking lot

I was out riding my bicycle in a small country town and did a double-take as
I approached a truck salvage dealer. There in the corner of the parking lot
was the biggest bandsaw I've seen in person. I wonder if it will resaw over
4"? :-)

Bob

Attached Thumbnails
spotted this bandsaw in the parking lot-img_0205-jpg  spotted this bandsaw in the parking lot-img_0206-jpg  spotted this bandsaw in the parking lot-img_0207-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Many years ago, I worked for a company that made various things out of
urethane foam. We would buy it in huge "buns" and resaw it to thickness and
shape. Our principal tools were two moving-table bandsaws. Each one had a
sliding table about 6 feet wide and 8 feet long. The horizontal cutting saw
could cut a piece into horizontal layers from 1 inch thick to 36 inches
thick. The vertical cutting saw could cut up to 18 inches thick and 30
inches tall. That was before I became interested in woodworking and I paid
no attention to the manufacturer or other details of the saw. That company
has been gone from the scene now for over 35 years. I often wonder what
happened to those two saws and if they could have been used on wood instead
of urethane foam. Oh, well.
Donald Brown
"Bob" wrote in message
I was out riding my bicycle in a small country town and did a double-take
as I approached a truck salvage dealer. There in the corner of the parking
lot was the biggest bandsaw I've seen in person. I wonder if it will resaw
over 4"? :-)

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob" wrote in message
I was out riding my bicycle in a small country town and did a double-take
as I approached a truck salvage dealer. There in the corner of the parking
lot was the biggest bandsaw I've seen in person. I wonder if it will resaw
over 4"? :-)

Bob

Its a Northfield!! It probably weighs a ton. Are you going to rescue it?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bob Bob is offline

"Leon" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
I was out riding my bicycle in a small country town and did a double-take
as I approached a truck salvage dealer. There in the corner of the
parking lot was the biggest bandsaw I've seen in person. I wonder if it
will resaw over 4"? :-)

Bob

Its a Northfield!! It probably weighs a ton. Are you going to rescue it?

Not in this lifetime. I'd have to pour a slab just to support it. :-) I
was just awestruck that something like that would be outside in the weather.
It looked like it had not been that long ago that it was in service.

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I went on holiday to turkey last year and there was a bandsaw just like your
Northfield in the street by a furniture shop and it was being used at the
time.
Health and safety at my place may not allow that in UK.
brian

Parking Pad Jim Home Repair 9 August 12th 06 08:19 PM
Rubber wiring not spotted during Survey Phil Bartlett UK diy 55 October 2nd 05 09:43 PM
OT. Parking David Lang UK diy 74 May 30th 05 05:56 PM
preventing parking markzoom UK diy 78 April 21st 05 09:57 PM
Parking Bays Magician UK diy 17 February 21st 05 09:45 AM