Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Donald C. Brown Donald C. Brown is offline

Default spotted this bandsaw in the parking lot

Many years ago, I worked for a company that made various things out of
urethane foam. We would buy it in huge "buns" and resaw it to thickness and
shape. Our principal tools were two moving-table bandsaws. Each one had a
sliding table about 6 feet wide and 8 feet long. The horizontal cutting saw
could cut a piece into horizontal layers from 1 inch thick to 36 inches
thick. The vertical cutting saw could cut up to 18 inches thick and 30
inches tall. That was before I became interested in woodworking and I paid
no attention to the manufacturer or other details of the saw. That company
has been gone from the scene now for over 35 years. I often wonder what
happened to those two saws and if they could have been used on wood instead
of urethane foam. Oh, well.
Donald Brown
"Bob" wrote in message
I was out riding my bicycle in a small country town and did a double-take
as I approached a truck salvage dealer. There in the corner of the parking
lot was the biggest bandsaw I've seen in person. I wonder if it will resaw
over 4"? :-)

Bob