Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default new router

Well just finished my router made for the most part supplies from HD/Lowes
and Ebay. here ar a few quick shots .

Attached Thumbnails
new router-p1020572-jpg  new router-p1020564-jpg  new router-p1020565-jpg  new router-p1020566-jpg  new router-p1020567-jpg

new router-p1020568-jpg  new router-p1020569-jpg  new router-p1020571-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020570.JPG (579.2 KB, 58 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

cmike hide wrote:
Well just finished my router made for the most part supplies from HD/Lowes
and Ebay. here ar a few quick shots .

That's pretty nice. (wanna e-mail me a copy of those plans?)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"shawn" wrote in message
cmike hide wrote:
Well just finished my router made for the most part supplies from
HD/Lowes and Ebay. here ar a few quick shots .

That's pretty nice. (wanna e-mail me a copy of those plans?)

I can't do that but the plans, drawings, and a lengthy forum are available
at "CNC Zone.com .Look for Joe's CNC model 2006.......mjh

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

You need to get that URL link right. Can't seem to see it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mike hide wrote:

| Well just finished my router made for the most part supplies from
| HD/Lowes and Ebay. here ar a few quick shots .

Congratulations!

Have you test driven it (with or without a spindle) yet?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

http://www.cnczone.com

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks Morris........mjh

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
| You need to get that URL link right. Can't seem to see it.

http://www.cnczone.com

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

No not yet ,I still have to adjust the anti backlash nuts ,I did not realize
how much even small adjustments increase the driving torques .

As you can see I have not installed the driving hardware as such . As soon
as funds become available I will get the 4 axis package available from
"hobbycnc" Initially I plan on using only 3 axis . after that I have to
learn the ins and outs of Mach 3 and what to produce in terms of input cad
drawings . Hopefully I will live that long ...mjh

mike hide wrote:

| Well just finished my router made for the most part supplies from
| HD/Lowes and Ebay. here ar a few quick shots .

Congratulations!

Have you test driven it (with or without a spindle) yet?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mike hide wrote:
| No not yet ,I still have to adjust the anti backlash nuts ,I did
| not realize how much even small adjustments increase the driving
| torques.

g Yuppers - as I understand it, RCH's are subdivided into skoosh,
subdivided into tendencies, subdivided into notions, ... and the
smallest adjustments really do matter.

| As you can see I have not installed the driving hardware as such .
| As soon as funds become available I will get the 4 axis package
| available from "hobbycnc" Initially I plan on using only 3 axis .
| after that I have to learn the ins and outs of Mach 3 and what to
| produce in terms of input cad drawings . Hopefully I will live that
| long ...mjh

The HobbyCNC package is pretty good. I went with the TurboCNC S/W and
hand-code the part programs (not sure if thats a brag or a complaint).

It's a rush to build a machine and watch it do its stuff for the first
time - it's an event worthy of champaigne, so make sure you have some
on hand!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mike hide" wrote in message
Well just finished my router made for the most part supplies from HD/Lowes
and Ebay. here ar a few quick shots .

Think if I were to build one, I would consider using Thomson Linear
Bearings, and ball screws, Smooth movement, and no backlash.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"John" wrote in message

"mike hide" wrote in message
Well just finished my router made for the most part supplies from
HD/Lowes and Ebay. here ar a few quick shots .

Think if I were to build one, I would consider using Thomson Linear
Bearings, and ball screws, Smooth movement, and no backlash.
I am sure some on that group have done just that ,especially those with
money to burn.......mjh

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article v3u%h.3949$pW5.3030@trnddc07,
"John" wrote:

Think if I were to build one, I would consider using Thomson Linear
Bearings, and ball screws, Smooth movement, and no backlash.

If you have that sort of budget, you can have one show up on a truck....

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mike hide" wrote in message
Well just finished my router made for the most part supplies from
HD/Lowes and Ebay. here ar a few quick shots .

Think if I were to build one, I would consider using Thomson Linear
Bearings, and ball screws, Smooth movement, and no backlash.

hey John this is binaries group why not show us some stuff you have built ,
I has to outstanding ....mjh

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

John wrote:
| "mike hide" wrote in message
|| Well just finished my router made for the most part supplies from
|| HD/Lowes and Ebay. here ar a few quick shots .
| Think if I were to build one, I would consider using Thomson Linear
| Bearings, and ball screws, Smooth movement, and no backlash.

Not a bad plan. I was short on project cash and decided to design and
build my own. They work fairly well at normal cutting speeds - but not
at all well at high speed. Mike's will perform better than mine, but
not as well as Thomson's.

A friend who saw my machine gifted me with a threadless lead screw
that uses Thomson's precision-ground shaft material as the
"leadscrew". It seems backlash-free and it's as frictionless as I've
seen. It's made by an outfit in Minnesota. I'll try to remember to
take a photo to post here.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default new router (threadless leadscrew)

Morris Dovey wrote:

| A friend who saw my machine gifted me with a threadless lead screw
| that uses Thomson's precision-ground shaft material as the
| "leadscrew". It seems backlash-free and it's as frictionless as I've
| seen. It's made by an outfit in Minnesota. I'll try to remember to
| take a photo to post here.

Photo attached.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NoThread.jpg (46.2 KB, 36 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
CW CW is offline

If you are using stepper motors, a threadless leadscrew would not be good.
These things are designed to slip under overload. Unintentional offsets in
your cutting pattern would be a real possibility. Even if not overloaded, a
certain amount o slip would be expected. Now, if the machine slides were
equipped with linear scales providing feedback to a servo system, the
threadless leadscrew would be a viable option.

Morris Dovey wrote:

| A friend who saw my machine gifted me with a threadless lead screw
| that uses Thomson's precision-ground shaft material as the
| "leadscrew". It seems backlash-free and it's as frictionless as I've
| seen. It's made by an outfit in Minnesota. I'll try to remember to
| take a photo to post here.

Photo attached.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice. I like your home made vacuum pump too. Make sure you keep oil
in it once in a while.