Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Wood ID Please - 3 attachments

I was able to get my hands on a couple of pieces of log that I thought was
oak just by looking at the bark. ( it still winter here in Minnesota, so no
leaves). When I cut it open I am not so sure. The heartwood has the
coloration of oak, but the grain is wide and coarse. The sap wood is plain
and white, with straight grain. My guess is that this is a type of oak and
from my researching around the net, it may be bur oak. Can anyone verify
this for me? thank in advance for your input.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1393.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	732  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1392.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	734
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1391.JPG (47.8 KB, 51 views)