Lobby Dosser

Default FS: Nova 3000 Wood Lathe - Portland,OR

************ LOCAL PICKUP PORTLAND, OREGON ONLY **************

Nova 3000 Wood Lathe - Specs he

http://www.teknatool.com/products/Lathes/3000/nova.htm

This is the 24" between centers model. Can be extended and takes DVR head
and tailstock.

Includes:

MOTOR - 1HP Leeson with Leeson variable speed controller wired for 110V.
Controller can be rewired for 220V.

TOOLRESTS - standard 12" straight, 6" straight, 12" curved.
CENTERS - One 4 blade drive and 2 live centers.
FACEPLATE - One 6", cast aluminum, 8 screw hole, Teknatool faceplate.
JACOBS CHUCK and 2MT shaft.
1.25" TAP for making your own wooden spindle accessories such as screw on
glue blocks.

EXCELLENT CONDITION.

ASKING $600.00

If you, or someone you know, might be interested, please contact me at:

Please use Lathe as the subject of your e-mail.

Thanks,
LD
Arch

Hi Lobby, Bet you get lots of offers to buy just the tap. I sure hope
that your selling is for someone else or that it's surplus or that you
are upgrading to a Oneway or some other metric spindle and it doesn't
mean that you are leaving us.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Lobby Dosser

(Arch) wrote:

Hi Lobby, Bet you get lots of offers to buy just the tap. I sure hope
that your selling is for someone else or that it's surplus or that you
are upgrading to a Oneway or some other metric spindle and it doesn't
mean that you are leaving us.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Hi Arch,

It's mine, but I'm sorta downgrading. I've had a lot of problems with my
hips and back and have not used the Nova as much as I'd like. The hips
are fixed, but the back is still a problem and I can't stand too long at
the lathe. I figure the Shopsmith will do fine for the amount of turning
I'm able to do. The tap is going, as I don't see much need for an inch
and a quarter tap once the Nova is gone.

So, I'll still be around. And probably whining about turning on the SS.
)

LD
Arch

Lobby,
Sorry to hear of your troubles and woes. I find getting the blanks to
the lathe more stressful to my bad back than the actual turning. After
the Nova, I wonder if the SS in lathe mode will satisfy you. How about
a mini-Jet on your lap (G) or on a chair-bench combo? Something akin to
our old school desks. We have to keep you turning. If the tap isn't
sold, email me.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Mr Dosser, I have been out of town for the past week and just saw your
add. I supose the lathe has been sold, if not I am very interested
please let me know.
Jim Mc Gillis

Lobby Dosser

The lathe is sold.

Thanks to all who replied.

LD

### micro-FAQ on wood # 028 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 2 January 5th 05 08:03 AM
FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 011 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 June 3rd 04 06:48 AM
### Micro-FAQ on wood # 004 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 4 March 9th 04 03:19 AM
Nova 3000 lathe Larry Dryden Woodturning 4 December 21st 03 04:01 PM