Lobby Dosser

(Arch) wrote:

Lobby,
Sorry to hear of your troubles and woes. I find getting the blanks to
the lathe more stressful to my bad back than the actual turning. After
the Nova, I wonder if the SS in lathe mode will satisfy you. How
about a mini-Jet on your lap (G) or on a chair-bench combo? Something
akin to our old school desks. We have to keep you turning. If the tap
isn't sold, email me.

I'm working on an idea to straddle the tubes (seated) on the SS. I can't
try it out yet, as the Nova is mounted on a 'temporary' stand which is in
turn mounted to the bench tubes of the SS. The SS is in drill press mode.
This has worked pretty well, which is why 'temporary' has lasted so long.
If the straddle method does not work, I'll probably sell the SS and go
the Jet mini route. Been drooling over them at the local outlets.

If I find a new owner for the Nova and they don't want the tap, I'll drop
you a line.

LD

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter