Alex

Default Question about the Woodcut Bowlsaver

Hey All;
I just bought a Woodcut Bowlsaver at the woodworking show here in
KC and I have a question about the proper way to set the depth of cut.
It came with the layouts for this nifty little jig that you can use
(the video shows how), but what if your blanks are deeper than the
fixed template? It says in the video that you can get bowls from stock
up to 6" deep, but I can't figure out how. Anyone else have experience
with this system? I searched the rec and found nothing and the woodcut
site is apparently in the middle of an upgrade. Any help would be
appreciated.

thanks....Alex

Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales

Good point. The cut out gauges will be to small for blanks over 6" deep.
Dont worry bring the saver as close as you can to the blank and take out the
max depth possible.
(check it with a ruler first) eg: measure from the center of the pivot bolt
to the outside of the cutting tip of the blade this will be the maximum
depth say 5-1/4"

One of the benifits with the system is the ability to measure accuratly the
bowl before you core it out. I will be happy to answer any questions I can.

PS: the new CD video is available to anybody on request

--
www.woodcut-tools.com

All the best,
from Ken @ the Woodcut Sales team

oups.com...

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Yale Electric Chain Hoist Question MP Toolman Metalworking 3 July 13th 04 08:24 AM
Question about using a router PoP UK diy 6 January 5th 04 01:20 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM