Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Bandsaw Horsepower for Turning

Currently, I have a 14" Rockwell with 6" resaw and 1/2 hp motor. The
resaw is too small for my 16" swing lathe so I am considering adding
the riser kit and more horsepower. I have also considered a Euro
bandsaw with 16" resaw and 5hp. This may be more bandsaw than I need
since I have a good chainsaw with 24" bar.

How much horsepower does my 14" bandsaw (12" resaw) need for preparing
bowl blanks from green logs? Would I need more horsepower if I wanted
to resaw dry lumber for cabinet doors?

Thanks,
Bob Stroman