Ted

My lathe (Nova DVR 3000) has a 16 inch swing. I have a Jet 710115K -
14inch band saw with a 6 inch riser block (makes it a 12 inch high
cut). The motor on the band saw has 1.25 HP. I mostly use 3/8th inch
hook tooth blades. I have cut 14 + inch circles in 8 inch thick white
oak half logs. Sometimes on real big stuff it can stall out but a lot
of the time for that I will use a chain saw instead.

Ted

wrote:
Currently, I have a 14" Rockwell with 6" resaw and 1/2 hp motor. The
resaw is too small for my 16" swing lathe so I am considering adding
the riser kit and more horsepower. I have also considered a Euro
bandsaw with 16" resaw and 5hp. This may be more bandsaw than I need
since I have a good chainsaw with 24" bar.

How much horsepower does my 14" bandsaw (12" resaw) need for

preparing
bowl blanks from green logs? Would I need more horsepower if I

wanted
to resaw dry lumber for cabinet doors?

Thanks,
Bob Stroman