robo hippy

Bob,
I sounds like you are considering the same bandsaw that I just
ordered, a Laguna, For occasional use, a smaller bandsaw with a riser
block will work, but for everyday use get a saw that is designed for
the job. I did concrete work for 30 years and like things over built.
It is just plain safer. The bigger saw will last longer, and perform
better. I have used my 24 inch chainsaw for years and it has worked
just fine, but after cutting out some sycamore blanks last night, for
smaller bowls, I can see where a big bandsaw would come in handy. I can
let you know after I get to use it for a while.
robo hippy