buck

Default How to sharpen Gouge

Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools? Seeing
that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be sharpening half
the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would be great too.
-thanks

>.

Try http://www.unijigproducts.com.au

"buck" wrote in message
rvers.com...
Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools?
Seeing
that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be sharpening half
the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would be great too.
-thanks

Lobby Dosser

"buck" wrote:

Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools?
Seeing that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be
sharpening half the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would
be great too. -thanks

Try this:

http://www.turningtools.co.uk/widget.../wtsharpen.pdf
George

http://www.woodcentral.com/newforum/grinds.shtml

Show you some of the variety of grinds out there. I don't think any of them
is any better than the other - nor any worse. What you measure your cut by
is not the grind, but the shaving.

"buck" wrote in message
rvers.com...
Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools?

Seeing
that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be sharpening half
the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would be great too.
-thanks

Darrell Feltmate

Buck
I keep threatening to upgrade this page, but it should help to fix up a jig
in a hurry and get to sharpening and turning.
http://aroundthewoods.com/sharp.shtml

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Phisherman

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 07:22:58 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

"buck" wrote:

Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools?
Seeing that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be
sharpening half the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would
be great too. -thanks

Try this:

http://www.turningtools.co.uk/widget.../wtsharpen.pdf

This did not load (in Firefox nor IE). I have Acrobat Reader 6.

Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales

We make a jig and have a video on sharpening free of charge. Just send
mailing address
check out our
website www.woodcut-tools.com

"buck" wrote in message
rvers.com...
Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools?

Seeing
that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be sharpening half
the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would be great too.
-thanks

Lobby Dosser

wrote:

"buck" wrote:

Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools?
Seeing that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be
sharpening half the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would
be great too. -thanks

Try this:

http://www.turningtools.co.uk/widget.../wtsharpen.pdf

This did not load (in Firefox nor IE). I have Acrobat Reader 6.

Try:

http://www.turningtools.co.uk/

Then go to 'Widgets/Gizmos' 'A Sharpening System'

It is a pretty slick jig and also has a good explanation on use,
including a long grind on a gouge. Not that it is homebuilt and would be
*really* inexpensive.
>.

Remember it is in AUS$ not US$ so it is cheaper than that AND it does
lengthen the life of your tools as they only require touch ups not regrinds.
"Phisherman" wrote in message
This looks like a great jig (isn't this rather expensive?). I was
thinking about making a few sharpening jigs for my turning tools.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 05:47:11 GMT, "." wrote:

Try http://www.unijigproducts.com.au

"buck" wrote in message
servers.com...
Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools?
Seeing
that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be sharpening
half
the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would be great too.
-thanks

>.

But why buy a copy of thr UNIJIG you stole the Idea from Gorgi Armen (Who
you said was a friend)
"Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales" wrote in message
We make a jig and have a video on sharpening free of charge. Just send
mailing address
check out our
website www.woodcut-tools.com

"buck" wrote in message
rvers.com...
Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools?

Seeing
that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be sharpening half
the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would be great too.
-thanks

Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Buck

I would agree with what George said, saw the wood tapered, then use the
skew to turn it round.
KISS is still the best way to do things, less chances to screw up, and
less time wasted.
Only if you are going to make a lot of these would I invest in any other
production methods.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

buck wrote:

Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools? Seeing
that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be sharpening half
the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would be great too.
-thanks

Woodcut tools 2000 Ltd sales

Woodcut have free CD roms for how to sharpen using a jig write with your
address or order from our site below Also DVDs

--
www.woodcut-tools.com

All the best,
from Ken @ the Woodcut Sales team

buck wrote:

Are there any good sources on the web on how to sharpen lathe tools?

Seeing
that I am scraping a lot more than I am cutting I will be sharpening

half
the time. If you have any jig setup sites that would be great too.
-thanks

>.

Still trying to flogg your rip-off of the UNIJIG5 from
http://unijigproducts.com.au \