Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Is holly food safe?

I plan to make an oversized pestle and mortar from some holly trees I have recently felled. Does anyone know if holly wood is food safe?
I know that the berries are inedible, but have not seen anything say that the wood is dangerous. It would be dry and oiled before use anyway.
This is normal British holly, for the avoidance of doubt.
Thanks for any advice, Nick

Holly stains Jim Woodturning 3 July 4th 06 07:02 AM
Small box hardware and Holly inlay material Don Sforza Woodworking 7 June 16th 06 02:25 AM
turning green holly mike daley Woodturning 2 January 6th 05 03:32 AM
green Holly moyo Woodturning 7 December 12th 03 03:02 PM
Firewood question--Holly Mark Witczak Home Repair 6 October 6th 03 08:36 PM