Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pain Devine

Default The first rule of woodturning...

I think we can all agree that the first rule of woodturning is that you
NEVER ask someone what they want... You tell them what you can make, give
them a list, and then let them pick from that list what they'd like... you
know like a bowl, or a pen, or candle sticks... or whatever....

Well, I met a pretty girl, and I wasn't thinking... and I broke the rule. It
was my own dumb fault. But she had such a pretty smile and she danced oh so
well... and I just said "Oh yea, I'm really into wood working and
woodturning... what would you like me to make you?" and she thought about it
for a second and then said "An Ice Cream scoop!!!"

Oh for the love of god... an ice cream scoop? How the hell am I going to
make that? I was thinking there might be a kit out there that would allow
you to just slip a turned wood handle onto it... but OH NO... no sucha thing
out there... Any ideas guys? I really like seeing this girl smile.