Abe

Default good -- and trustworthy -- online source of curly hard maple?

Dear all,

I'm in need of quite a bit of curly hard maple for a kitchen cabinet
project, and it's just not conveniently available where I live
(Sacramento area, CA), as far as I know. I'm contemplating an
experimental purchase from MapleLeaf Hardwoods, about which good things
have been said here in the past. Anybody have recent experience with
them that's worth sharing? (Google didn't provide anything more recent
than the late '90s.) Other recommendations also gratefully accepted.
Price *IS* an object, but reliability and honesty are paramount.

Cheers,
Abe

--
A numeral would be more efficient than spelling out "ONE" in an email
addy, don't you think?

Bill Rubenstein

In article L,
RCIAL says...

Abe wrote:

Dear all,

I'm in need of quite a bit of curly hard maple for a kitchen cabinet
project, and it's just not conveniently available where I live
(Sacramento area, CA), as far as I know. I'm contemplating an
experimental purchase from MapleLeaf Hardwoods, about which good things
have been said here in the past. Anybody have recent experience with
them that's worth sharing? (Google didn't provide anything more recent
than the late '90s.) Other recommendations also gratefully accepted.
Price *IS* an object, but reliability and honesty are paramount.

Cheers,
Abe

--
A numeral would be more efficient than spelling out "ONE" in an email
addy, don't you think?

He may have beautiful stuff but his 'Continent of Origin' information is
wrong in several cases which leads me to wonder.

Bill
PC Gameplayer

Abe wrote in message .net...
Dear all,

I'm in need of quite a bit of curly hard maple for a kitchen cabinet
project

snip
Other recommendations also gratefully accepted.

Just wondering, but did you look at Wood Finder?

http://www.woodfinder.com

It's a good source for finding stuff in your area, or via mail order,
or whatever. I'm not associated with them, haven't used them, caveat
emptor, YMMV, look both ways before crossing the street, i before e
except after c... (C:

Jim
Abe

In article , jtj3
@hotmail.com says...
Abe wrote in message .net...
Dear all,

I'm in need of quite a bit of curly hard maple for a kitchen cabinet
project

snip
Other recommendations also gratefully accepted.

Just wondering, but did you look at Wood Finder?

http://www.woodfinder.com

It's a good source for finding stuff in your area, or via mail order,
or whatever. I'm not associated with them, haven't used them, caveat
emptor, YMMV, look both ways before crossing the street, i before e
except after c... (C:

Jim

Jim -- I did. It was a bust (didn't turn up anything I didn't already
know about).

It's mighty discouraging sometimes to live in CA when most of the best
and most interesting woods have to be trucked in at great expense from
elsewhere.

--
A numeral would be more efficient than spelling out "ONE" in an email
addy, don't you think?

GALBAN

Abe:

There is a place in Rancho Cordova, not too far from Naturewood that carries
lots of hardwoods. I think it is called Hughes Hardwoods, 11441 Sunrise Gold
Circle, Rancho Cordova
Ph 916-638-8658
Last time I was there 4-6 weeks ago they had lots of oak & walnut, both sheet
and solid goods. I think I remember that they also carried some maple.

Good luck & safe turning

Galban

Nick Todd

Abe,
I thought you were that Abe that is involved in SAW(Sacramento Area
Woodworkers) and that you would aware Of Hughes Hardwood, Higgins
Hardwoods, & Gallery Hargwoods that are all in Sacramento Phone
Directory. I guess there are two Abes in Sacramento. Who would guess.

Nick