Joe

Default Delta Midi tail stock????????/

How do you easily remove the morse taper tail stock (it is hollow to
allow the pin to come out)
To remove it, I have to bang on the head, there must be a better way.
Remove golf from email addy for personal reply
Joe
Nova

Joe wrote:

How do you easily remove the morse taper tail stock (it is hollow to
allow the pin to come out)
To remove it, I have to bang on the head, there must be a better way.
Remove golf from email addy for personal reply
Joe

From page 8 of the owner's manual:

"To remove the live center (A) Fig. 13 from the tailstock spindle, loosen
lock knob (C) and rotate handwheel (D) to move spindle (B) back into the
tailstock body. This action will push the live center (A) out of the
spindle (B)."

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Owen Lowe

In article , Nova
wrote:

"To remove the live center (A) Fig. 13 from the tailstock spindle, loosen
lock knob (C) and rotate handwheel (D) to move spindle (B) back into the
tailstock body. This action will push the live center (A) out of the
spindle (B)."

What him say... with the comment that the live center can get pretty
darned tight in the taper and sometimes I have to give the projecting
thingy on the handwheel a whack with the palm of my hand to pop the live
center loose.

_____
American Association of Woodturners
Cascade Woodturners Assoc., Portland, Oregon
Northwest Woodturners, Tigard, Oregon
_____
Joe Fleming

Joe,

I'm not sure you can eject the live center by winding in the tailstock all
the way on the Delta midi. If that doesn't work, morse tapers are supposed
to hold strongly and giving the knockout bar a good whack with a mallet not
hurt the taper nor should it damage the center. Hold a rag over the live
center so that when it pops out, you don't damage the point of the center by
sending the thing as a projectile.

Joe Fleming - San Diego

Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM
FA:: Delta Midi Lathe Rob V Woodworking 0 November 16th 03 07:19 PM
Delta Midi Lathe, Any Good Let's go Yankees We got Godzilla!!! Woodturning 4 September 23rd 03 03:37 PM
delta MIDI wood lathe dkerr Woodworking 2 July 27th 03 03:00 PM