Default Hollowing - Which set up to use... websites?

Well, the woodturning bug has bitten me hard again......

Which hollowing system can everyone suggest?
Websites with good plans to make one?

Let me hear your input.... this is the greatest treasure trove of
information on the internet...

Thanks,

Joe

Lewis Dodd

Well, most of mine has been self schooling, Some pearls from my club:

One guy says anything over 6 inches long, he uses a faceplate, another says
you can only hollow on an average of ten times the diameter of your boring
bar! In other words, my Jameson clone is 1" in diameter, therefore, my
depth is basically limited to 10" as a general rule of thumb. I have done
deeper but control and quality starts to fall off fast. Small shallow
stuff, I like a roundnose scraper.

Regards,
Lewis

--
The truth as I perceive it to be.
Your perception may be different.

" wrote in message
Well, the woodturning bug has bitten me hard again......

Which hollowing system can everyone suggest?
Websites with good plans to make one?

Let me hear your input.... this is the greatest treasure trove of
information on the internet...

Thanks,

Joe

Matt Heffron

Lyn's general review is posted on Fred Holder's More Woodturning website:
http://www.fholder.com/Woodturning/article.htm select "A Brief Survey of Hollowing Tools"
More discussion can be found by searching the archives of the newsgroup on google.com
I searched on "hollowing review lyn" and got a bunch.

Matt Heffron
(I have recently purchased Don Pencil's Scorpion system. It's too new to provide any
comments.)

" wrote in message
Well, the woodturning bug has bitten me hard again......

Which hollowing system can everyone suggest?
Websites with good plans to make one?

Let me hear your input.... this is the greatest treasure trove of
information on the internet...

Thanks,

Joe

Richard Stapley

Joe on my Web Site I have Plans to make a complete system that may be what
you are after, look in the Hints & Tips Section of:

http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk

RVS