HobGobSnakyWaky

Default Hollowing

Ay-up, I'm reasonably new to turning and I've got to the point where i
Wouldn't mind trying my hand at a bit of hollowing. Just small pots etc to
start with. What are peoples opinions on the various hollowing tools around?

Stuart

John Jordan

Stuart,

I have a small set of hollowing tools , 1/2" diameter and 12" long, one hook
tool and one straight tool. $40 for the hook, $30 for the straight. The big
difference in these tools is that they are designed and *used* by a
woodturner-me!

I would be glad to send you a brochure.

John
--
www.stubbylathe.com
HobGobSnakyWaky wrote in message
Ay-up, I'm reasonably new to turning and I've got to the point where i
Wouldn't mind trying my hand at a bit of hollowing. Just small pots etc to
start with. What are peoples opinions on the various hollowing tools

around?

Stuart

John Jordan

Sorry, I meant for this to be a private post, but will be glad to send info
to those who asked. Thanks.

John

--
www.stubbylathe.com
John Jordan wrote in message
Stuart,

I have a small set of hollowing tools , 1/2" diameter and 12" long, one

hook
tool and one straight tool. $40 for the hook, $30 for the straight. The

big
difference in these tools is that they are designed and *used* by a
woodturner-me!

I would be glad to send you a brochure.

John
--
www.stubbylathe.com
HobGobSnakyWaky wrote in message
Ay-up, I'm reasonably new to turning and I've got to the point where i
Wouldn't mind trying my hand at a bit of hollowing. Just small pots etc

start with. What are peoples opinions on the various hollowing tools

around?

Stuart

Arch

John, glad you did post to the group. Please send me a brochure. I'm in
the directory. Thanks for all you do. Arch

Fortiter,

MOTOAM

Stuart:
I manufacture a reasonably priced laser guided tool for hollowing. The
advantages of the laser are the ability to know where you are cutting without
stopping every couple of minutes to measure. Additionally since the tool is
constrained by the holder wrist and arm strain are eliminated as is the back
strain associated with bending down to see inside the work as you are
hollowing. if you're interested you can check it out at:
http://www.rizomausa.com/brtools
I can email you a user's manual if you'd like.
Brian Rosencrantz

GEORGII1

That Trent Bosch puts on a good demonstration and you get a chance that demo is
worth going out of the way to see.

Jolyn

OOps. I guess I made the same mistake as John Jordan. (Wow, imagine me being
able to say that!) I had intended my reply to be sent to Stuart directly.
Try the site again
http://www.rizomausa.com/brtools/3/ comes up fine for me.
If you still can't get it I'll email a copy directly to you. It happens to be
one of my favorite pieces.
The technique of the light and dark wood vessel in a vessel is Trent Bosch's
and he happily shares it with the world in demonstrations and workshops.You
can
visit his website at:
http://www.trentbosch.com
He came to our club last spring for three days and we really enjoyed his
visit. I highly recommend him as a demonstrator and teacher.
I'll be posting several more photos in the coming days of works by club
members
who took his hands-on classes.