Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Lathe tool storage

After years of having too much work to have time to enjoy using a lathe in
my leisure time, I've finally changed my priorities.

I've started with a simple bowl and have a lot of other material waiting on
the shelf. I've also updated my ancient 1980-era set of Craftsman lathe
tools with a new boxed set of Sorby tools, plus several additinal
individual items, and just bought a tool with a carbide cutter as well as a
set of miniature tools for small turnings, bowl sander, etc. I also got a
Nova chuck, and a Supernova chuck, extra faceplates, etc.

I started out with the old tools hanging on a pegboard screwdriver rack, and
then I put t;he individual tools into their plastic tubes or slip cases and
hung them from hooks on the pegboard. But there's the boxed set, which I
haven't started to use yet, and the set of miniatures --

My question - how do you store your tools and equipment so that they're
easily available, visible, and organized.