Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Woodturning Videos Plus Woodturning Videos Plus is offline

Default Lathe tool storage

Hello Jim,

I turn full time, so I have lots of tools... For the tools I'm using on a
specific project, I either put them at the end of the lathe (Oneway 2436
with a bed extension) on a thick towel or if that's inconvenient, I use a
Bulldog rolling cart that is set up with some of my grinders for sharpening.
The cart holds both wet and dry grinders at the moment, but I'm going to
build another one to separate the wet and dry grinders.

My other tools are stored in a large mechanics tool chest that has sliding
drawers. Some of the bigger ones are on peg hooks on the wall... There is
never enough space! Some are always sitting on the top of the tablesaw it
seems, right next to the wetsaw... :-o For general storage, the mechanics
tool chest has been a real space saver for me and helps to keep everything
organized.

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...
Steve Russell