Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JimR JimR is offline

Default Lathe tool storage

"Bruce Ferguson" wrote in message
I was looking for the same thing and borrowed an idea from other people. I
cut up some PVC about 9" long and one end is cut at a 45 degree angle and
the other is 90 degrees. I drilled a hole through the top 45 degree end
and one all the way through the 90 degree end. I lined these up on a piece
of plywood and screwed them to the plywood. The tools slide in handle
first and sit on the screw that is all the way through the PVC. I then
attached it to the end of a wooden shelf with a french cleat, so I can lift
it off. I even toyed with the idea of putting something over the cleat so
I could slide it in or out. Of course I filled it with tools so I would
have to come up with another one or something else if I bought more tools.

Bruce

Thanks - sounds like a good and reasonable solution that I may take up.
Actually, I've got a lot of surplus bamboo, and this may be one way to make
good use of it.

Yours was one of a number of good suggestions - thanks to everyone for
adding to my knowledge base.

Jim R