Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Piano stool

Does anyone here know where I can get some plans or drawing for a piano
stool with a seat that uses a screw mechanism for raising and lowering the
seat. I have found the hardware and now need a good design. If I can't find
it I guess that I will have to design it myself. I would rather save the
time and not re invent the wheel, it's a Christmas present. Thanks, Mark

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Mark Haveman" wrote in message
Does anyone here know where I can get some plans or drawing for a piano
stool with a seat that uses a screw mechanism for raising and lowering the
seat. I have found the hardware and now need a good design. If I can't
find it I guess that I will have to design it myself. I would rather save
the time and not re invent the wheel, it's a Christmas present. Thanks,
Mark

Really, a piano stool that screws up and down? A round stool? Don't piano
players normally need a long bench to move from one end to the other of the
piano? Just curious.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Leon" wrote: Really, a piano stool that screws up and down? A round
stool? Don't piano
players normally need a long bench to move from one end to the other of
the piano? Just curious.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
On a piano stool Victor Borge would have had to invent a new inventory of
sight gags.

Why not just go into a piano store and take a picture?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Nov 16, 1:03 pm, "Mark Haveman" wrote:
Does anyone here know where I can get some plans or drawing for a piano
stool with a seat that uses a screw mechanism for raising and lowering the
seat. I have found the hardware and now need a good design. If I can't find
it I guess that I will have to design it myself. I would rather save the
time and not re invent the wheel, it's a Christmas present. Thanks, Mark

Hello Mark,

It was pretty simple to simply type in "piano stool" in my search
engine to come up with a photo of one probably like you want to make:

Try: https://ssl.sheetmusic1.com/smssl/piano.adjustable.stools.html

If this doesn't get destroyed, that will take you to a nice photo.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net

Getting rid of a piano. endymion UK diy 142 August 27th 08 10:58 PM
Repairing a Tonk revolving piano stool Phisherman Woodworking 2 December 5th 07 06:25 PM
STOOL J T Woodworking 0 December 18th 05 05:47 PM
Antique (Maybe) Piano Stool TrailRat Woodworking 3 June 7th 05 11:08 PM
Old Piano. wanderer UK diy 42 August 24th 04 10:38 PM