Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Where is the best bargain for cyanoacrylate right now?

I need some low viscosity CA for some projects with hairline cracks.
Some dry, brittle Black Walnut bowls with thin walls.

Looking for the best price including shipping for 8 or possibly 16
ounces of the thin, watery type formula to wick into those cracks.

Any sources or links appreciated!

-j
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

JoanD'arcRoast wrote:
I need some low viscosity CA for some projects with hairline cracks.
Some dry, brittle Black Walnut bowls with thin walls.

Looking for the best price including shipping for 8 or possibly 16
ounces of the thin, watery type formula to wick into those cracks.

Any sources or links appreciated!

-j

Last time I bought I got it here...

http://www.hutproducts.com/
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

if you are only buying small quantities (8 ounces, 16 ounces) you will still
pay a high price - I get 16 ounce containers for $30 at a local swap meet,
but if you actually get a few gallons the price drops a lot. get with some
friends and order a drum of the stuff
"JoanD'arcRoast" wrote in message
. ..
I need some low viscosity CA for some projects with hairline cracks.
Some dry, brittle Black Walnut bowls with thin walls.

Looking for the best price including shipping for 8 or possibly 16
ounces of the thin, watery type formula to wick into those cracks.

Any sources or links appreciated!

-j

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Many of the woodturning clubs buy CA in bulk and sell it cheap.So no
shipping either
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sep 16, 12:26*pm, JoanD'arcRoast wrote:
I need some low viscosity CA for some projects with hairline cracks.
Some dry, brittle Black Walnut bowls with thin walls.

Looking for the best price including shipping for 8 or possibly 16
ounces of the thin, watery type formula to wick into those cracks.

I use http://woodenwonderstx.com/WWBlue/NewGlueWS.html

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sep 16, 1:26*pm, JoanD'arcRoast wrote:
I need some low viscosity CA for some projects with hairline cracks.
Some dry, brittle Black Walnut bowls with thin walls.

Looking for the best price including shipping for 8 or possibly 16
ounces of the thin, watery type formula to wick into those cracks.

Any sources or links appreciated!

-j

Try this company. I've been using their products for over 10 years
without problem. I usually buy the 16 oz. size @ $30. The product
arrives in a couple of days and shipping is included in the price. In
addition, they usually include some spare bottles and pipettes.

I have no interest this firm, only a long association as a satisfied
customer.

http://www.starbond.com
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Juergen wrote:

Try this company. I've been using their products for over 10 years
without problem. I usually buy the 16 oz. size @ $30. The product
arrives in a couple of days and shipping is included in the price. In
addition, they usually include some spare bottles and pipettes.

I have no interest this firm, only a long association as a satisfied
customer.

http://www.starbond.com

Ditto on Starbond. Always liked their glue and service...

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article , Kevin Miller
wrote:

Juergen wrote:

Try this company. I've been using their products for over 10 years
without problem. I usually buy the 16 oz. size @ $30. The product
arrives in a couple of days and shipping is included in the price. In
addition, they usually include some spare bottles and pipettes.

I have no interest this firm, only a long association as a satisfied
customer.

http://www.starbond.com

Ditto on Starbond. Always liked their glue and service...

Thanks to you both for the recommendation of Starbond. I'll give them a
try.

-j