Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default such a deal - 1/3 hp gast vane type vacuum pump

usually wood turners want oilless pumps - I picked up a GAST 1/3 hp vane
type pump, but it is not oil-less - it has an exhaust filter that traps oil
that exits the pump, so this should be no major issue, the downside is you
need to remember to check oil level occasionally - the upside is price - I
am selling it more cheaply -
this particular unit is from some kind of medical equipment- it has a vacuum
gauge on the inlet and a pressure gauge on the exhaust - It shows 26 inches
of vacuum, so it is in good condition (I had to clean it, the blades were
stuck due to lack of use/sticky oil) - it is also very quiet. The in-line
switch on the cord is defective, I can add a new switch for you (for
whatever a switch costs) or you can do this yourself. You will need a good
inlet filter.

Anyway, if you are interested, $65 plus postage - find me through my web
site below

Note - this is a "quick sale" type deal - I haven't put it up on my site -
once I do that, the price will be higher.

--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
usually wood turners want oilless pumps - I picked up a GAST 1/3 hp vane
type pump, but it is not oil-less - it has an exhaust filter that traps
oil that exits the pump, so this should be no major issue,

not as long as i live in this sucky building with sucky phone service

the downside is you need to remember to check oil level occasionally -

technology defeats me

mk5000

"There was a sense of familiarity about her but he couldn't quite place it.
It was one of those deja vu things. At the same time he felt the stir of
recognition, it quickly flitted away and he knew he was mistaken, that he
did not know this woman. He remembered faces. And hers was nice enough not
to forget."--micheal connelly, blood work