Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Nova 3000 swivel headstock

I have a '97 vintage Nova 3000. It has a swivel headstock, which you
swivel by unscrewing a lockpin, then pressing down on a spring loaded
lever and swiveling the headstock to the desired location.

The spring has always been very tight, but lately it's gotten so much so
that I can't press the lever down. Has anyone else had this problem and
if so, how did you cure it? I sprayed some WD-40 in the works, but it
hasn't made any difference.

Thanks...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
Kevin Miller wrote:

I have a '97 vintage Nova 3000. It has a swivel headstock, which you
swivel by unscrewing a lockpin, then pressing down on a spring loaded
lever and swiveling the headstock to the desired location.

The spring has always been very tight, but lately it's gotten so much so
that I can't press the lever down. Has anyone else had this problem and
if so, how did you cure it? I sprayed some WD-40 in the works, but it
hasn't made any difference.

Thanks...

...Kevin

SWAG, there is dust and debris under the head. I'm told the head can be
removed (I've never done it).....

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv