Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

Default How to create a wooden spear???

I'm hunter and I want to hunt wild boars with spears.

How can I create a wooden spear???
Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

"Sam Minewire" wrote in message
I'm hunter and I want to hunt wild boars with spears.

How can I create a wooden spear???

Go find a wood worker and give him a one hundred dollar bill and he will
give you a pointy stick, thats the starting point.

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

TROLLING the internet boys...

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:54:37 -0700 (PDT), Sam Minewire A TROLL wrote:

I'm hunter and I want to hunt wild boars with spears.

How can I create a wooden spear???

Find a branch of suitable diameter and sit on it..
Spin until desired point is produced, or your mom comes hope and whoops your
butt for using her computer and phone books..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

I figure you are in a preserve that only allows one pig at you at a time.

Most around here pack up in groups of 6 to 12 and will tree anyone.
When gored or cut or shot they make noise that brings more.

Takes a man with partners in life and a small pack of hunting dogs.

One man I knew was up a 6" tree with six boar tusking the bottom.
He reserved the 4 30-30 shells for himself. Then two friends came to
see what was going on - they got all six.

Martin

Sam Minewire wrote:
I'm hunter and I want to hunt wild boars with spears.

How can I create a wooden spear???

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

Looooong Day, mind fried
wrote in message
TROLLING the internet boys...

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

"sweet sawdust" wrote: Go find a wood worker and give him a one hundred
dollar bill and he will
give you a pointy stick, thats the starting point.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Starting point? Ha ha

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote: clip) One man I knew was up a 6" tree (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Height or diameter?

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

Sam Minewire wrote in news:0d5ee2f0-2b45-40a6-84f6-
:

I'm hunter and I want to hunt wild boars with spears.

How can I create a wooden spear???

Well, for boar you *really* don't want a wholly wooden spear, unless you
fancy geting real up close and personal with a wounded wild boar.
Classically, boar spears were short, with wide blades on a long steel head.
The head should also have a strong central rib to keep it from folding or
breaking in the boar. The blades were wide (and sharp)to maximize the
chance of cutting some major artery. Also, and this is kinda critical,
boar spears had an iron crossbar maybe a foot long a little below the head.
This was to keep the boar from charging up the spear to gore you while you
are congratulating yourself on a successful spearing. A little practice on
a dummy beforehand is a good idea too, since you have exactly one shot to
hit some vital organs. If you miss, you're toast, one way or another. Oh
- you will want to use something like ash or oak for the shaft. It has to
be strong and not brittle because if the shaft breaks with the boar on one
end and you on the other, you're toast. One other thing - the classic
boar spearing method is to kneel and let the charging boar impale himself
while you hold the spear steady and well-braced. That is really the only
way to get enough power behind the spearhead impact to stand a chance of
getting a killing blow - you can't throw a spear hard enough to kill a wild
boar, or even mortally wound one, and you gotta ask yourself if you want to
be within spear-throwing distance of five hundred pounds of ****ed-off,
lightly wounded wild boar. Hope this helps - if you survive, be sure to
write and tell us about your hunt.
Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

Sorry, couldn't resist.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/P...OfContent.html

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mar 30, 6:54*pm, Sam Minewire wrote:
I'm hunter and I want to hunt wild boars with spears.

How can I create a wooden spear???

Contact me for instructions. Also my friend Brads has plan that
involve an alternate material.
God Bless,
Al Kyder
Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

Sam Minewire wrote:
I'm hunter and I want to hunt wild boars with spears.

How can I create a wooden spear???

sharpen one end of a stick
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Sam Minewire writes:

I'm hunter and I want to hunt wild boars with spears.

How can I create a wooden spear???

The troll got 12 points for 12 people replying to newsgroup fj.kanji.
(so far).

I don't mind replies, but let's not encourage more trolling for points.

Check the troll's activity
http://groups.google.com/group/fj.ka...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

We are not as bad as the "One day, an AI will decide to kill all
humans!" that got 38 points. (posted to comp.ai.philosophy)

"Best gun to defend my house" got 22 points (rec.backcountry)

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

I figure you are in a preserve that only allows one pig at you at a time.

You do know that pig's are not native? RIght? Many state F&W have no
limit, no license, they want those pigs GONE.

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom tom is offline

On Mar 31, 4:45 am, Maxwell Lol wrote:
snip

I don't mind replies, but let's not encourage more trolling for points.

snip
Good try, anyway.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 07:45:31 -0400, Maxwell Lol wrote:

The troll got 12 points for 12 people replying to newsgroup fj.kanji.
(so far).

I don't mind replies, but let's not encourage more trolling for points.

Yeah. I read all 12 looking to see if someone had eliminated the kanji
group. but none till you.

There's one born every minute, as Barnum said.

C'mon folks - quit falling for this troll. It's happened enough times on
this group that all should be aware of it by now.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Larry Blanchard" wrote: C'mon folks - quit falling for this troll. It's
happened enough times on
this group that all should be aware of it by now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Even a troll has its "silver lining." Did you check the link in Charlieb's
post?

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

Diameter. He said he didn't know if it would hold him, but
had no time to pick. One normally measures diameter at 4' height.
Martin

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote: clip) One man I knew was up a 6" tree (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Height or diameter?

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning

Rep - no limit and some towns have bounty on an ear.

We have an invasion of them - over population.

Dig up yards - mine is 7 acres - and I have holes and plows
here and there.

You should see what it does to a grave yard! Not a good thing.
Homes that own the yard call professional hunters.

Martin

Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article ,
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

I figure you are in a preserve that only allows one pig at you at a time.

You do know that pig's are not native? RIght? Many state F&W have no
limit, no license, they want those pigs GONE.

Posted to fj.kanji,rec.crafts.woodturning
LD LD is offline

"Sam Minewire" wrote in message
I'm hunter and I want to hunt wild boars with spears.

How can I create a wooden spear???

Don't do it in the UK. Spears are BANNED.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 07:45:31 -0400, Maxwell Lol wrote:

The troll got 12 points for 12 people replying to newsgroup fj.kanji.
(so far).

I don't mind replies, but let's not encourage more trolling for points.

Yeah. I read all 12 looking to see if someone had eliminated the kanji
group. but none till you.

There's one born every minute, as Barnum said.

C'mon folks - quit falling for this troll. It's happened enough times on
this group that all should be aware of it by now.

Considering the responses I would say everyone knows it's a troll,but
it's more fun than seeing the shoes take over.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:02:04 +0000, Ralph wrote:

C'mon folks - quit falling for this troll. It's happened enough times
on this group that all should be aware of it by now.

Considering the responses I would say everyone knows it's a troll,but
it's more fun than seeing the shoes take over.

Nothing wrong with responding with humor - just remove the kanji
newsgroup before doing so.