Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default anyone heard from MAC DAVIS

I may be wrong but I recall a news report of a major typhoon making
landfall in baha the other day. MAC? you ok?

skeez
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sep 12, 2:38*pm, skeez wrote:
I may be wrong but I recall a news report of a major typhoon making
landfall in baha the other day. MAC? you ok?

skeez

Posted here 9/10 mid morning, and on rec.woodworking 9/11 about the
same time.

Robert
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 18:16:40 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sep 12, 2:38*pm, skeez wrote:
I may be wrong but I recall a news report of a major typhoon making
landfall in baha the other day. MAC? you ok?

skeez

Posted here 9/10 mid morning, and on rec.woodworking 9/11 about the
same time.

Robert

I hope thats a good sign. I dont remember what day I saw this and with
IKE going into texas they aint giving any info about anythig else!

skeez
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

The eye is coming onshore now and we expect it to be here (eye)
around noon or 2 if guesses happen.

This one looks like it will be to the west of us - more rain for us
and high speed circular coils of air and hail.

(Tried for some metal in the coils).

The last one, Rita, went to the East and was Cat 1 within 20-25 miles
away if by eye edge or center...
Plan to be ok. And have some plans if not.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

wrote:

On Sep 12, 2:38 pm, skeez wrote:
I may be wrong but I recall a news report of a major typhoon making
landfall in baha the other day. MAC? you ok?

skeez

Posted here 9/10 mid morning, and on rec.woodworking 9/11 about the
same time.

Robert

I hope thats a good sign. I dont remember what day I saw this and with
IKE going into texas they aint giving any info about anythig else!

skeez

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Martin
We are praying for you guys buddy. Hang in there and let us know what
happens. We had the eye of a cat 2 go through the yard a couple of years
ago. Not fun but awesone.
Darrell

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

wrote:

On Sep 12, 2:38 pm, skeez wrote:
I may be wrong but I recall a news report of a major typhoon making
landfall in baha the other day. MAC? you ok?

skeez
Posted here 9/10 mid morning, and on rec.woodworking 9/11 about the
same time.

Robert

I hope thats a good sign. I dont remember what day I saw this and with
IKE going into texas they aint giving any info about anythig else! skeez

News==----
http://www.pronews.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:38:50 -0400, skeez wrote:

I may be wrong but I recall a news report of a major typhoon making
landfall in baha the other day. MAC? you ok?

skeez

Thanks for the thought, but it was FAR away from us, mostly down at the southern
tip by Cabo..
We got a little rain, (average here is 2" a year), and some wind, but mostly hot
& humid like always this time of year..

Appreciate ya thinking of us!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 07:49:04 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:38:50 -0400, skeez wrote:

I may be wrong but I recall a news report of a major typhoon making
landfall in baha the other day. MAC? you ok?

skeez

Thanks for the thought, but it was FAR away from us, mostly down at the southern
tip by Cabo..
We got a little rain, (average here is 2" a year), and some wind, but mostly hot
& humid like always this time of year..

Appreciate ya thinking of us!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

kewl! glad to hear it.

skeez
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Well the big storm is mostly north of us now.
It was a CAT 1 20 miles west of here.
I lost 3 100+ foot hardwoods in the wood lot at the rear of the property
and a 25' or so Catalpa in the front.

Lost the cap or crown row of shingles on the house - likely not nailed
correctly. Looked like mastic on the stuff across the yard.

Tons of limbs and the 10" or so of each limb. Several tops fell out
when whipping and twisting occurred.

And power was lost about 6 am, up at 8am (post call in) but down again a 9.
So the Honda generator has been charging up IPC's and phones and Tv's and
icebox. Freezer tub sits as is. Has lots of ice within in block format
to last.

Last time we hunkered down for a storm it was in California a year or so
post the 'big' earthquake.

So far so good.
And thank for thinking of us in East Texas, North Texas, State of LA
and the rain stream pounded people as it is heading northward.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
Martin
We are praying for you guys buddy. Hang in there and let us know what
happens. We had the eye of a cat 2 go through the yard a couple of years
ago. Not fun but awesone.
Darrell

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Good to hear Martin. Warning though, as soon as you start the chain saw, you
never knew how many neighbors you had. I cut driveways and back yards for 10
days straight except Sunday. You know, I got the impression I may not be 20
anymore. I also remembered why I do not cut wood all day for a living. Nice
neighbors though. Some pretty wood too.

Darrell

--

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
Martin
We are praying for you guys buddy. Hang in there and let us know what
happens. We had the eye of a cat 2 go through the yard a couple of years
ago. Not fun but awesone.
Darrell

News==----
http://www.pronews.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

All of our neighbors are 600 to 1000 feet or more away. I'm in the back
center of a long rectangle with a driveway from highway to my rectangle.
So up front on the highway are some houses and the driveway gets to be 50'
from their house.

The best time to cut is early a.m. and late afternoon. High noon is tough.
In the fall winter and spring - most anytime is best.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
Good to hear Martin. Warning though, as soon as you start the chain saw, you
never knew how many neighbors you had. I cut driveways and back yards for 10
days straight except Sunday. You know, I got the impression I may not be 20
anymore. I also remembered why I do not cut wood all day for a living. Nice
neighbors though. Some pretty wood too.

Darrell

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks for the thought, but it was FAR away from us, mostly down at the southern
tip by Cabo..
We got a little rain, (average here is 2" a year), and some wind, but mostly hot
& humid like always this time of year..

Appreciate ya thinking of us!

mac

Glad to hear you are alright Mac. We had our own little problems here
in Cincinnati. Finally got power back on late last night. Been over 5
days w/o power, tv, etc., but I'm still feeling sorry for those still
waiting on power. Over 1.2 million here lost power. Hopefully we can
now get to helping pull the trees out of our neighbors' homes now.

Ain't life an adventure?

Mmm .. hot coffee .. good to be home.

`Casper

PS ... and the last thing on my mind this past week has been
candidates who visited ONLY in the sections with power!
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:52:33 -0400, Casper wrote:

Glad to hear you are alright Mac. We had our own little problems here
in Cincinnati. Finally got power back on late last night. Been over 5
days w/o power, tv, etc., but I'm still feeling sorry for those still
waiting on power. Over 1.2 million here lost power. Hopefully we can
now get to helping pull the trees out of our neighbors' homes now.

Ain't life an adventure?

Mmm .. hot coffee .. good to be home.

`Casper

PS ... and the last thing on my mind this past week has been
candidates who visited ONLY in the sections with power!

Wow.. we didn't even have problems like that in California!

Worst quake in my lifetime had our power out for 6 hours, but some folks went a
week or more..

They're surprisingly efficient here, maybe because the power is government
regulated..

During the Baja 1000 this year, a chopper flew into the main power line
supplying our section of Baja.. Thousands of folks with no power..
They had it fixed and power restored in 6 hours!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote:
[...]

Must have taken lessons from California.;)
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Wow.. we didn't even have problems like that in California!

Worst quake in my lifetime had our power out for 6 hours, but some folks went a
week or more..

They're surprisingly efficient here, maybe because the power is government
regulated..

During the Baja 1000 this year, a chopper flew into the main power line
supplying our section of Baja.. Thousands of folks with no power..
They had it fixed and power restored in 6 hours!

mac

This is the worst area I have lived in for power. Fist few years (6?)
we lived here power went out at least once a week, usually for just
1-4 hours at most. Supposedly they fixed the problem by replacing an
underground line. Well the power doesn't go out once a week anymore
but since last Feb 2007 it's gone out at least 12 times and for days
(3+) at a time. I'd prefer the more frequent and shorter outages.

This year we've had three major outages, all because of wind and
trees. Three homes on my street had trees crash thru the roof. This
last outage had a telephone pole go thru the middle of one. Two belong
to older retired couples on fixed incomes, which really sucks.

Much damage to homes; roofs ripped off, aluminum awnings ripped off,
storage sheds tossed around. A few months ago we had 3 tornadoes touch
down within a 2 mile area, of which one directly here rated a level
'0'. The 50+ foot oak between my house and a neighbor broke big
branches but hit my neighbor instead of me. It was luck of the wind.
People are still repairing from that storm when this thing hit.

Honestly, I'm amazed at the power problems and outages. I grew up on
the east coast (NY/NJ), even thru the big outage of 1973 and still it
has been worse here.

I've been thru hurricanes no problem, but tornadoes are another thing.
We've had 7 I think, one F3 during the night missing us by a few
miles. It missed a co-worker's house by a quarter mile and his family
never heard it. I believe there is nothing scarier than waking up and
realizing you could have gone poof in the night with no warning. We've
already begun looking for new area to move as soon as we can.

I've been watching footage of TX and I cannot fathom how difficult it
is, and going to be, for those folks who lost everything. The violent
weather we've had in the US in the last couple of years is just
amazing. I've been hoping for a reprieve and am now even ready to
perform pagan rituals if it will help stop bad weather and economy.

`Casper

For Mac Davis Gerald Ross[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 March 31st 08 12:02 AM
Ping: Mac Davis Gerald Ross[_2_] Woodturning 10 January 3rd 08 06:24 PM
Ping: Mac Davis Sonny Woodworking 4 December 11th 07 01:13 AM
Mac Davis how many ???? Jerry - OHIO Woodturning 9 December 6th 07 04:16 AM
Anyone heard fron Mac Davis? Lyndell Thompson Woodturning 3 February 25th 07 12:16 AM