Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default anyone heard from MAC DAVIS

Good to hear Martin. Warning though, as soon as you start the chain saw, you
never knew how many neighbors you had. I cut driveways and back yards for 10
days straight except Sunday. You know, I got the impression I may not be 20
anymore. I also remembered why I do not cut wood all day for a living. Nice
neighbors though. Some pretty wood too.

Darrell

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
Well the big storm is mostly north of us now.
It was a CAT 1 20 miles west of here.
I lost 3 100+ foot hardwoods in the wood lot at the rear of the property
and a 25' or so Catalpa in the front.

Lost the cap or crown row of shingles on the house - likely not nailed
correctly. Looked like mastic on the stuff across the yard.

Tons of limbs and the 10" or so of each limb. Several tops fell out
when whipping and twisting occurred.

And power was lost about 6 am, up at 8am (post call in) but down again a
9.
So the Honda generator has been charging up IPC's and phones and Tv's and
icebox. Freezer tub sits as is. Has lots of ice within in block format
to last.

Last time we hunkered down for a storm it was in California a year or so
post the 'big' earthquake.

So far so good.
And thank for thinking of us in East Texas, North Texas, State of LA
and the rain stream pounded people as it is heading northward.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
Martin
We are praying for you guys buddy. Hang in there and let us know what
happens. We had the eye of a cat 2 go through the yard a couple of years
ago. Not fun but awesone.
Darrell

News==----
http://www.pronews.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000