Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Are spindle adapters safe?

As I get ready to buy the new lathe, I'm trying to iron out potential problems..

One is that I have 2 Oneway Talon lathes with 1" x 8tpi adapters and the new
lathe will be 1 1/4" x 8 tpi..

I could order one 1 1/4" adapter from Oneway and use one chuck on the Nova and
one on the 2 Jet lathes, but I'd like to use both..

I'm looking at this:
http://tinyurl.com/ynodeo
at Amazon and wonder if it's safe...

It seems better to bring down the new lathe to match my present accessories (vac
chucks, etc.) than bring the other 2 lathes UP to 1 1/4"..

Any experience with these adapters?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing