Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_2_] mac davis[_2_] is offline

Default Are spindle adapters safe?

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 07:24:33 -0800 (PST), Fred Holder
wrote:

Hello Mac,

When I changed lathes from the Record Power lathes with 3/4" x 16 tpi
spindles to a Nova 3000 several years ago, I purchased an adapter from
Craft Supplies USA to convert the 1-1/4" spindle to 3/4" x 16 tpi and
found it worked great. Eight or nine years later, I have one that goes
from 1-1/4" to 1" x 8 and one that goes from 1" x 8 to 1-1/4" so that
we can use chucks back and forth from the Nova DVR, the Oneway 1018,
and the Vicmarc VL-100 without having to change inserts in the chucks.
I have not noticed any run out on any of these adapters. Also, it is
sometimes nice to have the chuck moved a ways from the headstock.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

Very good to hear, and concise and usual, Fred.. I'll order the sucker..

The Nova DVR XP is the lathe I'm TRYING to order from Woodcraft... How do you
like it?

Sounds like it's the poor relation is your shop.. ;~]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing