Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default lookinf for used lathe or parts

Got an old junker laying around?

Need one for a friend here in Mexico..
No motor, etc. is fine, just need the basic headstock, rail, etc..

thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

Got an old junker laying around?

Need one for a friend here in Mexico..
No motor, etc. is fine, just need the basic headstock, rail, etc..

thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I see them on ebay for time to time, insanely over-priced (IMO), yes I
need one to build a treadle-lathe

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 07:47:39 -0800, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

Got an old junker laying around?

Need one for a friend here in Mexico..
No motor, etc. is fine, just need the basic headstock, rail, etc..

thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I see them on ebay for time to time, insanely over-priced (IMO), yes I
need one to build a treadle-lathe

Ebay just presents too many problems, Ralph..

I need someone that I can deal with and that will cooperate with paperwork so I
can get it into Mexico..

All I really need is something like an old Craftsman or Harbor Freight lathe
with a burnt out motor or something like that..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

San Diego has a lot of surplus stores, and of course there is the San Diego
craigs list, and also a very active wood turning club (SDWT.com, I think) -
I'd try those sources - the last old crafstman lathe I got cost me a whole
$5 - it's gone now, but they are out there.

"mac davis" wrote in message

I need someone that I can deal with and that will cooperate with paperwork
so I
can get it into Mexico..

All I really need is something like an old Craftsman or Harbor Freight
lathe
with a burnt out motor or something like that..

mac

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:00:28 -0800, "William Noble" wrote:

San Diego has a lot of surplus stores, and of course there is the San Diego
craigs list, and also a very active wood turning club (SDWT.com, I think) -
I'd try those sources - the last old crafstman lathe I got cost me a whole
$5 - it's gone now, but they are out there.

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

I need someone that I can deal with and that will cooperate with paperwork
so I
can get it into Mexico..

All I really need is something like an old Craftsman or Harbor Freight
lathe
with a burnt out motor or something like that..

mac

I've been checking Yuma and El Centro but not San Diego.. too lazy to drive that
far..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"mac davis" wrote in message
Got an old junker laying around?

Need one for a friend here in Mexico..
No motor, etc. is fine, just need the basic headstock, rail, etc..

thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Tell the truth MAC your looking for another lathe to turn all that ironwood
you scored. just kidding

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:34:10 -0600, "MGIB" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
Got an old junker laying around?

Need one for a friend here in Mexico..
No motor, etc. is fine, just need the basic headstock, rail, etc..

thanks,

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Tell the truth MAC your looking for another lathe to turn all that ironwood
you scored. just kidding

Actually, it's to trade for MORE ironwood..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

looking for used lathe or parts mac davis[_2_] Woodworking 0 December 26th 07 12:31 AM
Need lathe parts. skeez Woodworking 10 July 15th 07 02:15 PM
Looking for some used (or new) lathe parts [email protected] Woodturning 5 March 28th 07 10:09 AM
Lathe parts Grant Beagles Woodturning 4 August 2nd 03 08:38 AM
Lathe Parts Grant P. Beagles Woodworking 6 August 1st 03 01:43 PM