Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Playin' With Multi-Axis Turning (pics in a.b.p.w)

Been playing with multi-axis turning - just "between centers" so far.
Figured I should do some "stretching" before actually trying to use
my developing multi-axis mindset and techniques on a Real Project.
Along the way I've managed to "pull" a mental muscle or two but
nothing serious - so far. This is not something you just mount
between centers and know pretty much where you're going - and
have a good idea of how to get there.

But it sure is fun! (an interesting)

charlie b
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Great tutorial, Charlie. Many thanks. Sorry for your pulled cerebral
hamstrings, but very much appreciated and well worth your discomfort in
figuring it out and sharing with us.

Not very cerebral here. I only got a groin pull due to my multi-axis
stances while experimenting with your ideas. In my haste, I forgot (aka
was too lazy) to stretch either brain or groin.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

winta wrote:

Charlie,
what speed do you use for multi axis turning?
Al

1200 rpms - the top end of the JET VS's lowest range. So far have
been just too lazy to move the belt up to the next speed range.
Probably should since more rpms means less forceful thumping
while turning through the "shadows" since the tool can move into
the gaps as far between contacting the turnable area.

charlie b