Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ted Ted is offline

Default Oneway Laser Guided Hollowing System

Has anyone ever used the Oneway Laser Guided Hollowing System? If so,
can you tell me how it works and how it compares to the Jamieson
System? I am using a Oneway 2436 and have only hollowed with the
Ellsworth tools. I want a laser guided system and am not sure which
one to get.

Thanks,
Ted

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Jul 13, 10:09 am, Ted wrote:
Has anyone ever used the Oneway Laser Guided Hollowing System? If so,
can you tell me how it works and how it compares to the Jamieson
System? I am using a Oneway 2436 and have only hollowed with the
Ellsworth tools. I want a laser guided system and am not sure which
one to get.

Thanks,
Ted

Ted - I don't have the Oneway, but I do have a shop built Jamison and
the ELBO unit.

I use the Jamison like unit for deep boring ( over 7 -8 inches) and
the Elbo for smaller stuff. The ELBO is easier to set up but chatters
easier than the larger unit.

Hope this helps!! Hought

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I had the same problem, which I "solved" by slightly tightening the joint
bolts. The rig is a bit stiffer to use but most of the chatering was
eliminated.

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:18:33 -0700, hwahl wrote:

he Elbo for smaller stuff. The ELBO is easier to set up but chatters
easier than the larger unit.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Has anyone ever used the Oneway Laser Guided Hollowing System? If so,
can you tell me how it works and how it compares to the Jamieson
System? I am using a Oneway 2436 and have only hollowed with the
Ellsworth tools. I want a laser guided system and am not sure which
one to get.

Thanks,
Ted
I have a 2436 and use the Oneway hollowing system. It is a great tool; easy to use and produces excellent results the first time out of the box....Jack